Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

NOW...WHAT WAS I SAYING?

FUJI

This is another of my very close.....Close-Ups........I have experimented with processing and textures to give it a little more Bite.....if that's the right word?

Best viewed LARGE.....click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-47952000-1386963674.jpg

I'm afraid I'm not so sure about this one Fuji.

You have definitely got parts right, like the chin and left eye behind his glasses, but from his upper lip to his nose looks fuzzy and a little odd and it might be just me, but his left eye doesn't seem right either. Also it seems odd to me that his cheeks start to go out of the depth of field and yet his sideburns look sharp and clear.

Overall, the composition is spot on and you have captured loads of character - another great shot, but personally I think a few more tweaks are needed to bring out the full potential of the image

Thanks folks, I really appreciate all the feedback.........He is a man of great character who introduced himself to me when he saw my camera, apparently he is a regular visitor to town and has seen me often. His wife or carer chatted with me too, he had lots to tell me about his home village, I did make sure it was ok to shoot the pic before pressing the shutter.

I have processed the shot to give it that edgy feel, I will be returning to the original RAW version to check again for focus points, I was using my dedicated SONY 1.8-35 SAM lens, so it may be something to do with being extremely close to him as I shot from chest height......as an afterthought, I am thinking the lens has a very shallow depth of field wide open.....the focus points were behind the tip of his nose....Yes?

I am hoping to take delivery of a 20-1.7 LUMIX lens for my PANASONIV GF1 today, it will mean that I will be even better equipped for my Street Photography ....... No flip down screen on that camera though.

FUJI

Fun shot but the processing is very peculiar.

I can see what you were trying to achieve but for me the over sharpened areas clash with the soft ones and the end result looks almost like compression errors.

cheers! BP.......I will return to the original to have another bash at getting it right........

FUJI

Only just spotted this one and I have to agree with the others re the processing. It does look a bit peculiar and I can't help wondering if it really needed to be tweaked that much.

It's a great shot - the expression, the POV, the composition, the colours, the OOF background and the title all work splendidly - is anything more than tidy up and minor adjustments really needed?

Korky 

Archived