Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

ON THE STREETS

FUJI

Thrre studies from my.....Vivienne Maier.....Day, I only shot by looking down into my flip screen, just as she would have looked down into her Rolloeflex all those years ago.

I can only admire her, knowing that she had only 12 frames per film, and that she tried to make every one count:

Fortunately I can afford to have more misses, thanks to digital photography..................One advantage to looking down into the lcd is that you dont need to make eye contact with your subjects.

Well worth doing again methinks?

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pics:

FUJI

post-4-0-19292600-1386927023.jpg

post-4-0-40677300-1386927044.jpg

post-4-0-17800200-1386927059.jpg

#2 and #3 are excellent captures - really atmospheric and telling a story. Love 'em!

Not so keen on #1; the coat is worthy of attention but too much movement blur in the lady's face for my liking (it's almost worth cheating, by superimposing another face onto it entirely! Yes yes, I know, it would no longer be 'real', but you could keep both.. ;) )

#2 and #3 are excellent captures - really atmospheric and telling a story. Love 'em!

Not so keen on #1; the coat is worthy of attention but too much movement blur in the lady's face for my liking (it's almost worth cheating, by superimposing another face onto it entirely! Yes yes, I know, it would no longer be 'real', but you could keep both.. ;) )

Thank you folks.....

Hi, Chris, part of the fun of Street Photography is the .....See then Shoot...... nature of the genre, that lady was moving quite quickly, this was my second frame, I had to be quick on the shutter to capture it, my focus was indeed her striking coat and.....Puss-in-Boots.......boots, if I had paused for even a second this shot would have been lost for ever......thankfully my Sony A55 is exceptionally fast focussing so it helped.

When you have half an hour take a trawl through the Vivienne Maeir images, many are online, you will then see from whence my influence came.

FUJI

Excellent stuff, Fooj - you've captured that all-important vital second of interest.

If number 2 included a dog as well, they'd make a stunning mono triptych.

I know exactly what you mean by 'see then shoot' btw. It results in a few misses, but when you capture that second...........

Korky

Archived