Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Look right, look left.........

Kobione

Thanks, Bugs - yes,  Sulphur Crested. We don't get too many of them in our local area, and you can tell this one is a bit 'wary' by the way his wings are just a tiny bit extended, giving him a slightly 'hunched shoulder' look, but we were lucky he landed when the sun was almost fully on him. We had fun watching :D

Gorgeous! What's the difference between a cockatoo, a cockatiel, and a parakeet? ('Scuse my ignorance).

I think they are all ultimately members of the parrot family, the cockatiel family are often found as cage birds and the parakeet is often found as a noisy, gregarious mob. The cockatoo family includes the largest birds of the bunch and also includes the infamous Galah.

I'm sure there are much more descriptive differences, hopefully someone else will expand :)

I think they are all ultimately members of the parrot family, the cockatiel family are often found as cage birds and the parakeet is often found as a noisy, gregarious mob. The cockatoo family includes the largest birds of the bunch and also includes the infamous Galah.

I'm sure there are much more descriptive differences, hopefully someone else will expand :)

Yes, I've heard of the 'infamous galah' - I'm told it's far better to have heard OF it, than heard it :lol:

Thanks all for the nice comments.

Gorgeous! What's the difference between a cockatoo, a cockatiel, and a parakeet? ('Scuse my ignorance).

Chris - Bugs got it pretty right - they are all sub species of the parrot family. Cockatoos are the largest varieties, such as these Sulphur Crested and the Black Cockatoos, and Galahs also come into this category, and there are quite a few more. Cockatiels are smaller species, and we don't see too many of those, our country is just a tad harsh. They are often seen as caged pets, but if you head to the right area they would be seen in flocks. Parakeets are the smallest varieties, and includes Budgies, also seen in flocks in the right country.

We get mainly Galahs, a few Long Billed Corellas, and this is the first Sulphur Crested we have had this close since we got here. In the 'smaller versions' we get Eastern Rosellas occasionally, Red Rumped Parrots, which are small, and also down in numbers this year - it's a food thing.

Our bird table is a constant source of entertainment, but not always easy to catch the subjects so well as this :D

Archived