Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Up Even Higher

NannyFerret

Sorry, there is a lot again I whittled them down as much as I could. lol.

On Thursday we made it to the highest balcony of the New Birmingham Library and got a few more shots.

Thankfully the lifts were empty. The ceiling are high so you can guess how high it was.

Next time maybe we will go to the tenth floor and see if I can get some shots through the window of the Shakespeare room

Some of the shots are like the last ones but from a higher vantage point.

The rain stopped just after we went outside. 

I wonder if they would let us go on the roof :rolleyes:  :w00t:  :laughing:

DSC_0060_zpsbabe9d97.jpg

Click image to view large

DSC_0067_zps68729746.jpg

THe National Indoor Arena (The white Building)

DSC_0050_zps5a8ee0eb.jpg

DSC_0045_zps1abcdd51.jpg

DSC_0035_zps03395eff.jpg

DSC_0025_zps4c450bf8.jpg

DSC_0015_zps475056f8.jpg

DSC_0001_zps067f9eac.jpg

DSC_0058_zpscb3f66d4.jpg

I'm getting vertigo just looking at them!

That looks like a great viewpoint over that part of the city, allowing you and us to see the bits we wouldn't normally. Excellent detail and each picture is full of things to look at, even not knowing the area it is an interesting experience.

I'm getting vertigo just looking at them!

That looks like a great viewpoint over that part of the city, allowing you and us to see the bits we wouldn't normally. Excellent detail and each picture is full of things to look at, even not knowing the area it is an interesting experience.

Great set Tina Must make the effort to go there. Wonder if you can get up there after dark. It would make some stunning night shots of the city.

Thanks Bugs and Terry.

I have a plan to try some night shots from there, but we will wait until it gets dark earlier then we don't have to be travelling home late on the train and I will also get the closing times for the Library.

It also depends on how Johns chest is too.

It's nice to be able to go up there, even though we don't belong to the library.

I plan on picnicking up there next summer as the two balconies are actually to gardens set out with seat, benches and shrubbery.

The fourth floor balcony has a lovely herb garden and the aroma is lovely.

It's well worth a visit if anyone is  near enough.

It's right near the museum, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Tina, what is the big round building central in shot 4? I seem to remember that sight from my travels. 

Also, love the reflection in shot 8!

I'm not sure, Chro, but I think it used to be offices,hotel, or something like that. I think it was made into apartments.

I did read it somewhere. (Not sure but it may be called the Rotunda)

Dennyboy might be able to shed some light on it.

I just Googled it, and it is the Rotunda.

http://www.stayingcool.com/birmingham.aspx?gclid=CILyo52VpboCFfHKtAodPS0AIw

The white round building  no 3 is the National Indoor Arena.

I'm not sure, Chro, but I think it used to be offices,hotel, or something like that. I think it was made into apartments.

I did read it somewhere. (Not sure but it may be called the Rotunda)

Dennyboy might be able to shed some light on it.

I just Googled it, and it is the Rotunda.

http://www.stayingcool.com/birmingham.aspx?gclid=CILyo52VpboCFfHKtAodPS0AIw

The white round building  no 3 is the National Indoor Arena.

Wow, it certainly has changed! Here's a shot from the 1970s, and it was still much the same in 2005 : 

post-677-0-44383300-1382265306.jpg

Barcelona it ain't. But adventurous architecture it certainly is! Some great shots there Tina.

Is the last one looking towards Ladywood, with all the high rise blocks?

I haven't got clue Chris.

Up until recently we have only been going to the centre of Birmingham, and it's only a couple of years since we found out where the canals were. lol.

I visited relatives in Shirley and Solihull with my mum and dad when I was young and that's about all.

John just said, "don't tell me you want to go to the top of the Rotunda now?" :rolleyes: )    I wouldn't mind doing that, but I doubt very much if they would even let us in. :cry:

I haven't got clue Chris.

Up until recently we have only been going to the centre of Birmingham, and it's only a couple of years since we found out where the canals were. lol.

I visited relatives in Shirley and Solihull with my mum and dad when I was young and that's about all.

John just said, "don't tell me you want to go to the top of the Rotunda now?" :rolleyes: )    I wouldn't mind doing that, but I doubt very much if they would even let us in. :cry:

Nah - go up the GPO Tower instead!

Nah - go up the GPO Tower instead!

Don't put idea's into my head, Chris. :w00t:

I found out a while back from a friends son that people can go up one of the Coventry Spires again.

They had stopped it for a good while, but I guess they have done a lot of repairing as it was quite dodgy when I went up many years ago.

My friends son go some shots of Coventry from up there. I would love to do it again, but I don't think I could make it and I wouldn't fancy going up on my own anyway, as Johns chest is too bad and he would be out of breath after a few steps.

Archived