Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Going Home

TurnRight

Hi, Its not really been the weather for out and about Photography the last few weeks and unfortunately being out of a job at the moment I can not afford speedlites etc for indoor shots, so rather than put the camera down for the winter I decided to teach myself Photo manipulation using Photoshop. Where I can, I try to use my own shots. The picture below uses 2 of mine and one stock photo. I like dark moody pictures and tried to create that atmosphere here.

project2crop_zps52fe1011.jpg

Hi, Turnright,

An excellent bit of processing, a very evocative creation that might be an illustration from a dark tale in a children's book?

Noooo!.......don't whatever you do, put the camera away for winter.......I used YoutTube tutorials to learn how to ......Paint with light.......or just using a torch, to paint light on a subject with the camera set to a slow shutter speed......it really works.

Also, three of my best mono portraits were done by simply using the very directional light from the tiny fluorescent tube under our wall hung kitchen unit.

Experimenting with light and home made reflectors and ambient light is good fun and very inexpensive........also......afterwards you can develop your processing skills even further to get the best from your work.

I have discovered that YouTube is an invaluable source of good photographic advice and tutorials......even though many of the presenters are a bit quirky......especially the American ones.

FUJI

TR..You have started something now.
I like the idea of Florescent lighting, but have none in the house.

Thanks, Fuji. Wilkinsons had some battery operated  fluorescent lights the last time that I looked in there, and wondered what the would be like to use in photography.

Has anyone tried them?

That's a nice piece of work - you've certainly succeeded in creating a very atmospheric image.

For me, the children are a little too central in the frame and I feel it may have been better if they'd been give a bit more space to 'walk into'.

That's a minor criticism, however - overall, the image works very well indeed.

Korky

That's a nice piece of work - you've certainly succeeded in creating a very atmospheric image.

For me, the children are a little too central in the frame and I feel it may have been better if they'd been give a bit more space to 'walk into'.

That's a minor criticism, however - overall, the image works very well indeed.

Korky

I did consider using a dusty path or such like for them to walk down and have them coming in from the left. Can´t remember why I didn´t do it.

Well  contrary to Korky's post, I do like the figures in the place that they are on this occasion, because they would be venturing into the darker parts of the frame if you moved them over and also it draws the eye right to where they are in the lighter part of the frame.
It's just my personal opinion, but I think it works well as it is.

i like the way you have created the image and the processing involved, its a great image but something isnt quite working for me personally

it took me a while to realise why it was wasnt

the lovely moody atmosphere gives the impression to me of a cold dull winter scene BUT the children are wearing light summery clothing ! 

makes me wonder i they have just climbed through the wardrobe into Narnia ;)

i like the way you have created the image and the processing involved, its a great image but something isnt quite working for me personally

the lovely moody atmosphere gives the impression to me of a cold dull winter scene BUT the children are wearing light summery clothing ! 

My interpretation is that I think it's like they are in the aftermath of a bad storm, and it was just clearing so they were making their way home.

You are right. There was something bugging me about it and you have hit the nail on the head. I can't look at it in the same way now!

Archived