Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Free to a good home...

Korky

Sorting through my late mother-in-law's possessions earlier today and found an Olympus Trip 35 camera.

Is it of any use to anyone? It's in very nice condition and has the original lens cap. It's completely untested, though.

Korky

A fantastic little camera.

Not fancy like the RD/RD/SP range finder models, just a good lens and a simple operation.

Why not run a roll of film through it for old times sake?

Most high street labs will dev and scan 35mm film to CD so you can easily muck about with the results and while I would never go back to film full time there is a certain charm to the 'look' you get from it.

A fantastic little camera.

Not fancy like the RD/RD/SP range finder models, just a good lens and a simple operation.

Why not run a roll of film through it for old times sake?

Most high street labs will dev and scan 35mm film to CD so you can easily muck about with the results and while I would never go back to film full time there is a certain charm to the 'look' you get from it.

Yes - it's a fascinating question. Vinyl was kept alive - and is now alive and well - by the large format (12") required by DJ's who needed to use it for scratching and mixing. As large format film is still needed, will that keep film alive, or will the ability of modern digicams to 'emulate' old films mean that in time film will completely die?

Film is redundant for professional use but is being kept alive as an art medium. People think its trendy, cool, they like the look or just hope other will pay more for something they perceive as being more 'real' in some way.

Blad don't make film cameras any more which is about as big an argument that film isn't needed and even large format cameras now have very, very high resolution digital back available if movements are required.

I had on eonce, but can't remeber if I gave it away or not.

The Olympus Trip  - so good that in 2013 nobody wants it.

I called in at a charity shop yesterday and even they weren't too keen on taking it. How things change!

Korky

That's only because digital is such a big thing these days.
I had one once, but can't remember if I gave it away or not. I will probably come across it lurking at the back of a cupboard somewhere. I hate cleaning cupboards, but when I do, I come across many things that I had long forgotten about.

Film is redundant for professional use but is being kept alive as an art medium. People think its trendy, cool, they like the look or just hope other will pay more for something they perceive as being more 'real' in some way.

Blad don't make film cameras any more which is about as big an argument that film isn't needed and even large format cameras now have very, very high resolution digital back available if movements are required.

I can see that - digital has become as good as film, and can even emulate the particular qualities of particular films of the past. It's not like vinyl where the sound quality of analogue is actually different than digital, and is actually preferred by many, even the young.

In some ways, "digital" has always been with us: B&W photos printed in newspapers consisted of black and white dots only, with the distribution of each deciding the greys. TV screens too - even colour TVs were just mixtures of RGB dots (no different from digicams with their RGB filters for each pixel). Digital is simply emulating what has been at the heart of photography for all time - is the emulsion fully exposed to white, or still black? Shades of grey were just half exposed emulsion. One grain of silver halide can be replaced by a few pixels.