Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The last vestiges of hope - crossfading video

JMRead

https://vimeo.com/372079134

Please use headphones for the best sound

I used what I see around me, what I am familiar with for my images and altered and merged them. We thought of dance, KT's poses are dance related.

Always at the back of our minds as we created the video was the thought that this work ephemeral though it might be could very well survive our own demise. We wanted above all to create something that gave hope with beauty.

A 4:3rds version of this with a male figure was video of the week at; Le Festival International de Vidéo Danse de Bourgogne, Curated by Marisa Hayes and Franck Boulègue at the Video Dance Center of Burgundy and screened in early May 2016. Also screened in Windsor UK and New Jersey, USA

J.M.Read

I have been very fortunate in meeting K and I was delighted when she agreed to pose. She was so enthusiastic about it and loved the idea of not actually being there. The Zentai suit works very well indeed the anonymity making her figure part of an image and not just its subject. She is a superbly fluid and natural poser despite her protestations to the contrary.

K.Thorn

Quite by accident I came across J's website and my childhood love of posing re-surfaced, he was asking for someone who might like to give it a try. I really enjoyed our trial session and asked if I could continue but remain unrecognised. He suggested a Zentai suit and when I saw what they were I realised that they were the perfect solution.

The sound track was made using Rob Jackson's iPad app Moodscaper
There is collectors edition rendered to 1080p FHD MP4

I don't pretend to understand your work, Jim, but I really enjoyed watching your video.

The still images are lovely and the way the fades move at an almost indistinguishable speed is just beautiful.

Nice to have you posting again - your welcome for however long you choose to stay.

Korky

A multi-sensory work to be experienced, as you say, whilst totally immersed in the experience.

it reminds me so much of a memorable visit to the....St-Ives TATE MODERN ....in Cornwall.... the featured Artist/s had two, ...Full multi-sensory rooms, totally dark except for huge video presentations with sounds very similar to your work here.

I think that experiencing it on TIPF is a taster, for what the whole can offer through total immersion using headphones in a darkened room, or virtual-reality headset.

Edgy stuff.....Thanks

FUJI

Hello Korky and Hello Fuji

Many thanks for the welcome back and for your nice comments, I'm grateful to you both, hope both you and yours are OK.

Having stuff screened in various parts of the world is very nice but apart from a couple of the curators with whom I exchange emails with there's not much personal contact.

I've gone back to creating montages and making figure in the landscape images both using my usual over dramatised techniques. I never got away from the hands under the enlarger light and Ps gives me so much more.

Cheers - J

[edit] I'm hoping to create a blog and have sent a message to Phil

5 minutes ago, JMRead said:

I'm hoping to create a blog and have sent a message to Phil

Phil is very much in the background these days and Ryewolf, Clicker and myself look after the forum - we rescued it about a year or so ago.

Rye is the technical brainbox and it's perhaps best if you contact him 

Korky

Archived