Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

FUJI's NEW TOY FIRST PICS

My used PANASONIC GF1 micro 4/3rds camera was given a good testing as soon as I walked out of the shop................fortunately, the controls and menus are very similar to those on my LX5 so I didn't have too much trouble:

I did make a hash of many of my street shots though, because I left the ISO high after taking shots in the Coventry Indoor Market.......I still have to work on the best of them....nothing special just enjoying getting used to a new camera and photographic experience.

The dynamic range seems to be less than my LX5, but that may be because of the film simulation as set by the previous owner.......I have a bit more fiddling and twiddling to do, to get it to my liking:

The first, shot, is of a Door Arch Corbel. blackened and damaged during the November 1940 Blitz when the Old Coventry Cathederal was all but destroyed (as was the City) by nazi bombs:

The ...Holy Handle...is fixed to one f the heavy glass doors of th incredible New Cathederal:

The Apple, was a test of the camera's low-light capapabilities, this pic is uncropped:

All have been processed from the original RAW ARW files.....

Best viewed LARGE.......Click on Pics:

I wish to thank BP for the encouragment and advice offered prior to my purchase:

FUJI

post-4-0-84557800-1377631466.jpg

post-4-0-69947100-1377631484.jpg

post-4-0-15208600-1377631621.jpg

Two more frames from the GF1............The white wall in the shopping Precint at this point, makes an ideal spot for people watching......I have made a mental note of it for future use:

The ....In Market...shot, was one of the extremely noisy ones....TOPAZ anti noise filter has done an amazing job of getting rid of it....the mono version looks very promising too:

The few longer shots of Coventry architecture, suffered too much from lens distortion to post....the 14/45 isn't the best for buildings, especially very tall ones, like Holy Trinity Church and the Cathederal:

Best viewd LARGE.....Click on Pics:

FUJI

post-4-0-32960800-1377635172.jpg

post-4-0-39931200-1377635189.jpg

We were in the market too. I'm surprised that we didn't spot you at some point, as we were a good couple of hours in the town centre.

My Panasonic wide angle pics suffer from distortion too.
I have a good program that deals quite well with that but it all adds to the time editing, doesn't it?

These shots are brilliant! Another good buy.
I am amazed at the close-ups and I can see that you will enjoy using it.

I Googled the camera to see what it was like and it kept coming up with lenses and adaptors.

I have my Panasonic set on the Standard colour setting most of the time now. as I have forgotten to change back after using a different setting at times. 

I know that if I want to add  other effects I can do that in editing and still have my coloured copy.

Great first outing.

There should be very little visible noise unless you REALLY push the iso also the dynamic range will be greater than the LX as the sensor is larger. Knock all the 'modes' off and give it another go. One thing you will find is its a quick little camera with great AF so your street 'keeper' rate should be high.

As you're aware, I don't do camera technicalities so I can't comment in that respect.

But, the camera looks a little belter (that's as technical as I go), enjoy it.

I'm thinking of going down the bridge camera route as a lighter option to the DSLR - I used to have a Fuji and bitterly regret getting rid of it.

Korky

Great first outing.

There should be very little visible noise unless you REALLY push the iso also the dynamic range will be greater than the LX as the sensor is larger. Knock all the 'modes' off and give it another go. One thing you will find is its a quick little camera with great AF so your street 'keeper' rate should be high.

Cheers BP......... Yes..........I realise that I have a new set of rules to learn regarding this intriguing camera......this of course raises a few more questions.

When, you say nock off all the modes.....you mean....set the camera to...Standard Film mode....yes?

The noise on my market shots, may have been as a result of having to brighten my shots.....the light in Coventry indoor market, is either extremely bright strip lighting in patches interspersed with dull or even dark corners......I think I had the ISO up to 400, but perhaps my exposures were too short......perhaps I should have set AUTO instead of MANUAL?........The AF is lightning quick, as you say, so ideal for Street Photography.

I note, from the Panasonic web site, the the camera's firmware was updated this year.........Questions?....does it make much difference.......is it worth doing........is it much of a hassle.......or.....should I just do a RESET......or.....leave well alone?

I have ordered, an M42 to Lumix adaptor, so I can use my growing collection of old M42 screw-in lenses......this, I will enjoy....as I know that I have a couple of goodies.

The addition of the GF1 to my kit means that my little LX5 is now my jacket pocket camera, and my FUJI compact with the 10X Zoom, is relegated to a drawer, to be used by one or other grandchild or my good lady.......I rarely used the zoom.

This doesn't mean that I have abandoned my SONY A55 .....that is set up on the tripod, in the attic, for the ....Old Photographs.....project.....there are about another 200 glass negatives and lantern slides to copy.

I have a good mate, with an Olympus E30 micro 4/3 rds.......he has lenses galore that I can borrow for the time being.

FUJI

I keep my camera.s apart from my Fuji S9600 which I gave to a friend whose S7000 had died and a very sturdy Fz30 which my sons father-in-law bought off me, but sadly was diagnosed with cancer not long after and died recently, so I was sad that he didn't have the enjoyment out of it that I did.
However, my daughter-in-law has decided to keep it, so I am happy that she will enjoy it.
The other camera's are safely stored and like you, Fuj, one of them has has gone out on long and short term loans. 
My DSLRs stay here though. lol.
It's always good to have a spare.

Archived