Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

feel safe?

Leon

well guys I was dying to tell you all I had booked a week just outside Ayr but due to what happened the other week with the neighbours I thought it was best to keep it off the forums and Facebook. pictures need sifting through and a few edits, will be on before Sunday :)

this may be a daft question but am I the only one who is a little paranoid when on Holidays???

I'm all right until I'm on the trip home then I start wondering what I'm going to be confronted with.

1 times after a day out we got home to the hose ransacked and the patio doors wrenched open  :realmad:  then only about 4 years ago we got home after a 2 week holiday in Cornwall to the burglar alarm alarm light flashing telling us it had gone off, this time it wasn't a break in, it was the flat roof at the back of the house had sprung a leak and taken half the ceiling down causing even more damage than the break in, TV, Sky box, DVD player, carpet, sofa and other stuff ruined due to all the water that came through  :rolleyes:

I err on the side of caution with social media when I'm away from home; I don't post holiday pics or locations that would give anyone the idea that there's no one in, even though the kids may be at home!

Never really thought like that but now i will.  I be a bit more careful from now one with what i post.

glad your all home safe and sound from your trip leon, and glad everything was fine when you reached home. it's always on the last leg of a trip I start worrying, especially coming round the final corner. we was abroad once and my eldest son had been 'jumped' on by a gang while he was walking home from work, they broke his cheek bone and jaw.  the other kids kept it from us, but the whole of the last week of our holiday I had a feeling something was not right.

Another slight advantage for us in where we live, Leon, might be a bit 'remote' but we don't have to worry about neighbours, or people cruising past, although we are suitably insured.

Glad things were OK when you got home, I think the precautions you took were sensible.

Cheers peoples, I have a good set of neighbours, 2 of them have been friends for well over 15 years, the NO facebook ect is just common sense really, a friend up the road advertise their house empty every time they go away??

anyways back to sifting through pictures to bore you all with :)

I think you are very sensible, Mr W.

I don't post anything about me being away or even when I go out for a few hours, on Facebook.

I have a niece who posts just about everything, including where she is going, where she is when she is out etc. etc. It's an open invitation to burglars as far as I'm concerned.
I keep to private messaging  when I am away and just post my photo's as normal on the forum.

My daughters live close by and my oldest one comes  in and out of the house regularly.
She opens the back door for a while and makes sure all my post is through the door properly and generally makes it look as if someone is here.
I also have a solar lamp on my window sill and a set of coloured solar lights around my ferret shed which come on just after dusk. A cheap deterrent, but everythings helps, doesn't it?
Anyway, Looking forward to seeing your pics.