Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

CATCHER ON THE FLY

FUJI

I don't usually use the Macro setting on my little LX5 compact....I have never been too happy with the results....but here something must have been right.

This Garden Spider was pretty annoyed with me after I teased it with a length of grass, it came out in attack mode immediately...here it is just simmering down but still bristling:

For some reason, this beautiful little Raw shooting, Leica lensed camera can be very noisy...I have tried all ways to avoid it, but with little success...the ISO can be set right down to 80 and be adjusted in fives but still I get noisy RAW shots....if anyone has a soloution it would make me very happy:

FUJI

post-4-0-76973400-1375125527.jpg

There seems to be a fair bit of discussion about noise on the LX5 on various forums, most of which just suggest using the noise reduction facility in lightroom.

Back to this picture and he/she does look a bit bristly, and you caught the light on him beautifully

There seems to be a fair bit of discussion about noise on the LX5 on various forums, most of which just suggest using the noise reduction facility in lightroom.

Back to this picture and he/she does look a bit bristly, and you caught the light on him beautifully

Hi, Bugsy,

Thank you for your kind comments.......I have looked at a few forums discussing the noise issue with the LX5 ..........I have done a RESET on mine camera as recommended by LX5 users ......I wont know if it has worked until I next process a RAW image from it.

Also, one of the posters suggested that shooting in MANUAL mode increases the noise and suggests instead shooting in P mode.....a mode I have never used......any ideas or comments please?

Cheers!

FUJI

So that's what you old timers do for kicks is it? Tease spiders! You'd be better off taking up a proper hobby - have you considered becoming a naturist?

A very nice shot, Fooj, that's two spider shots that've rung my bell in the last five minutes - sorry I can't add to the technical discussion, though!

Korky

Also, one of the posters suggested that shooting in MANUAL mode increases the noise and suggests instead shooting in P mode.....a mode I have never used......any ideas or comments please?

I'd be sceptical that manual mode will increase the noise.  About the only things that increase noise are increasing the ISO or trying to recover detail from underexposed dark areas or long exposures.

P mode is 'program' and it's one step up from auto. i.e. the camera suggests setting for aperture and shutter speed, but you have the option of changing one or the other. The camera will adjust the other one to return the shot to the 'standard' setting.

e.g if the camera is suggesting f5.6 and 1/500s, you might decide to use f4 to keep a shallow depth of field. Because you're letting more light in the camera will change the shutter speed to a shorter exposure time to compensate and return to the correct exposure, and conversely if you want a greater depth of field you choose f11, the camera will change the shutter speed to a longer exposure to compensate.

Archived