Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A little sum up

Leon

Well guys, I really wanted to say a few things about my photography

I must say 2 years using the Lumix FZ45 was brilliant, learned soo much but, at the same time I knew not haviing full manual controls mainly focusing was holding me back, 

then came along the 1000D, wow entry level yes but leaps and bounds ahead of the bridge, even if I lost 2MP, down from 12.1 to 10.1 but the image sensor is far superior, the speed of the Canon is a lot better max of 4000th of a second, and a 3FPS drive, makes for far better images (even if I'm accused of using AUTO!! :) )

the sigma 70-300 DG lens even if it lacks IS is awesome, the macro setting as you have seen is brilliant, even allowing me to capture a hover fly in flight! the telephoto side of things is not as good as the bridge with eq 600mm, the 70-300 on a crop sensor is equivalent to 480mm I think? but it will do me, I may buy a 2x optical converter later on in the year (misses will kill me if I spend any more WONGA)

there is one other thing thats kept me going, made me want to get out to take more and more Pictures, you guys, loads and loads of advice and encouragement.  just what I needed.

so just a little thanks really, I am however going to refrain from posting pictures of Fluffy, lets see if I can get POTW without her dazzling blue eyes :)

remember 3 months ago when I disappeared from the forum with lack of interest??

thanks again, Leon

• Like 1

very pleased that you are enjoying your new camera leon....and that you are back posting.

I see nothing wrong in using auto. I use it myself sometimes. it's the final image that matters.

I love my canon, but I will never part with my hs20, it is my take anywhere camera, and although I have been told I should use the raynox on the 75-300 lens on the canon I just cannot master it.

...then came along the 1000D, wow entry level yes but leaps and bounds ahead of the bridge, even if I lost 2MP, down from 12.1 to 10.1 but the image sensor is far superior, the speed of the Canon is a lot better max of 4000th of a second, and a 3FPS drive, makes for far better images (even if I'm accused of using AUTO!! :) )

not sure I understand that bit :hope: - if you are using auto stop it now, even P mode lets you do basic adjustments to exposure and focus  :huh:

Glad you are enjoying your photography again, Mr.W.
One bit of advice. Hang on to your Panasonic. I have the FZ100 and still love it for it's range and versatility.

It's also handy to have a stand by or even to take out as a second camera when you don't have time to change lenses.

glad you are enjoying it again Leon. I love my dslr but I also have a good compact camera as sometimes you are not allowed to use your dslr. Don't worry about using auto vs using manual or aperture priority etc. use whats best for you. I still use auto and save as jpg's when I shoot the town carnival parade as I dont want to convert 400 raw images and on jpg my camera can shoot 26 images without stopping so I never miss a shot. Its definitely horses for courses, if its a inanimate object then go full manual do everything yourself and perfect the image. If its a stream of harley's all doing 20mph and you want a pic of everyone of them them full auto and jpg try to salvage any bad images in the editing phase :)