Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

St Mary's churchyard

My first attempt at HDR. I downloaded Luminance and loaded three shots I took a while ago. The software wasn't happy with the alignment, the pics were taken handheld because I had never even heard of HDR at the time, but I did take lots at different exposures. I ended up only using two photos to create the image, I suppose that's why the sky is left uninteresting. I adjusted contrast and colours in Gimp. For a first try I'm well chuffed but I still welcome your comments!

StMarys_zpsfd90a08d.png

sorry to be negative Martyn but it looks dirty, flat and if you will excuse the pun rather lifeless. The focus is also out but I will put that down to being hand held.

Please don't give up on HDR but I think maybe forget these shots and start again using some 'fresh' material.

can I offer up some inspiration...

converted from 3 bracket shots 2 stops apart, camera mounted on a tripod

Castle-Square-north-1.jpg

Lincscathup.jpg

While I agree with Colin's comments I understand completely your enthusiasm at creating your first HDR. So congratulations  :thumbup:

HDR can be a fantastic tool for creating some very impressive images, either realistic or OTT. So stick at it and keep 'em coming!

Martyn, I have been trying with Luminace but just can't get the pics to come out full size after processing, so you've got further than I have with that program.

I have tried altering the size but they are still quite small and I can't for the life of me see what I am doing wrong..

Trying another program now as I am beaten.
Keep going as your first attempt is far better than mine was.

Thank you all for the encouragement! When I find time I want to go back and re take that shot with a tripod and half decent camera, my picture really doesn't do justice to what I saw with my eyes that day. The three original images on their own are terrible, I had to set the exposure by half pressing the shutter whilst viewing the grass then recompose the shot, then snap it. I did the same with the sky, trees and distance to try and get bracketed shots; that's why I was so excited to get something even visible out of it all. I'm learning new stuff every day thanks to you guys and the wonders of the interweb!  :thumbup:

Martyn, I have been trying with Luminace but just can't get the pics to come out full size after processing, so you've got further than I have with that program.

I have tried altering the size but they are still quite small and I can't for the life of me see what I am doing wrong..

Trying another program now as I am beaten.

Keep going as your first attempt is far better than mine was.

The size had me baffled for a while too. IIRC, there is a box half way down the screen on the left where you can select size from a drop down menu, the default setting is the smallest so you have to set it manually every time.

• 2 weeks later...

HDR can be tricky as you have to take the shots with HDR in mind and then merge them, you also have to choose your subjects carefully, as you can see from Colin's picture the second one works well but the first one has ghost people in it which is a common problem with hdr shots

• 4 weeks later...

HDR can be tricky as you have to take the shots with HDR in mind and then merge them, you also have to choose your subjects carefully, as you can see from Colin's picture the second one works well but the first one has ghost people in it which is a common problem with hdr shots

not sure its really a problem, I find in areas such as these where there are many tourists and members of the public the 'ghosting' makes them less defined so you can see the building or subject matter better. Unless of course you are photographing the members of the public :smiling:

Archived