Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Tripod died :(

well my Camlink tripod has finally given up, I have rebuilt it once after dropping it so I treated myself, now some of you will still think it's cheap but I just can't justify spending £100+ on something I rarely use.

here;'s what I have ordered

71I3rphuusL._AA1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Traveller-Compact-Pro-Tripod/dp/B002L4ODDS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367697813&sr=8-4&keywords=hama+tripod

it will hopefully arrive before the racing at Harewood next sunday

• Like 1

Seems to have plenty of features - low level legs, spit/reversible centre column, a hook for your bag and leg warmers for winter days - crackin' price too.

and Hama are a recognised brand too - just stop dropping the things  :hope:

I agree. Why spend a lot if you know that you won' be using i all the time. I hink you will be happy with your choice and it won't be too heavy either.
I still have my £9.99 Jessops Alfa tripod, and £10.99 monopod and a hefty quick release video tripod which I bought from a car boot, which was sill in it's origonal box.

I rarely use them but as all three cost me under £26, I can' moan can I? as they are there if I do want to use them and I haven't wasted loads of money.

and Hama are a recognised brand too - just stop dropping the things  :hope:

If you remember the "other" forum Colin you will remember I dropped the camera down a 30' hill into a stream the week after I bought it!!

Guest DaveW

Must confess my cameras on a tripod almost as much as hand held, but as they say the best tripod is the one you are prepared to carry so a light one that's always with you is better than a heavy one left at home. My Benbo Mk 1 tripod is now 40 years old and never let me down yet and cost £30 second-hand at the time.

The main trouble with tripods lasting seems to be those that use plastic camera platforms or heads rather than metal, but again it depends how much use they get, if it does what you need it's the right one!

I paid a fiver for my tripod.  A very old Slik Pro something or other.  One leg like to retract at will, it dosen't allow for portrait and weighs a ton.  But if feels a part of me now so I am loathed to replace it until absolutley neccesary!