Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Another Mink

JHFoto

Unfortunately mink are a serious problem as they are an invasive species (the UK population originated from animals "liberated" from fur farms). They are as I recall particularly detrimental to water vole populations. One piece of good news though -- it seems that where otter populations are recovering the mink are being driven out.

Great picture, with good detail :5_smiley:

I feel somewhat ambivalent about mink.  I wish ill on everyone who has anything to do with fur farms and their products, so I can sympathise with the 'rescue' of these creatures from a cruel life and horrible death (some are skinned alive) all for the sake of vanity and profit.
But it is sad for them and their prey that they have become a pest in this country through no fault of their own.  If only mankind would stop interfering and profiteering, the world would be a far better place, IMHO.

In the area where I live the story goes that a local Mink farm let loose their population when Mink no longer was a viable proposition and they have bred in the wild. In the Cannock Chase area, they are quite common.

My friend who ran the ferret rescue in Coventry was granted a licence to keep any rescued mink that were brought to her by the Rspca or members of the public as they couldn't be released back into the wild.

I had the pleasure of handling the mink, who adapted well to living in the rescue.

They had to have very large double metal outdoor pens and a large bath to swim in.

They are truly beautiful animals and it's sad that they were just released from the fur farms without a thought for their well-being.

One was brought into the rescue with a badly broken jaw. Luckily he had it wired and he lived happily at the rescue until it was time for him to cross the Bridge.

Lovely photo and when viewed large gets even better. The detail in the face is excellent.

Unfortunate that a beautiful animal like this should be such a threat to the indigenous animal population. All because of human interference (greed).  

Archived