Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Jessops reborn.

JohnP

Peter Jones is only re-opening the really successful stores and the Centre Of Excellences (like my old store) so he won't have the chaff dragging sales down. Managers will get a new start too being able to take on the cream of the old staff then recruit new top sales people to give the business a real boost.

He seems to be very committed to getting it running well, having said he'll take full control so you never know.

There does need to be a place for people to buy good cameras and certainly in our part of the country it will be the ONLY place to get them. Not sure of the exact stock range yet or where it will expand to - mobile communications would be my bet as Jones made his fortune that way. I wish him and the staff the very best. Had I been offered the right salary it might be me opening the doors of a store soon as it is I'm really enjoying the challenge of The Money Shop and their package will be hard to beat.

Guest DaveW

Stick where you are Robin.

In a recession, which looks like carrying on for years yet, far more people will be borrowing money than buying photographic equipment, or even swapping mobile phones, Bloomberg TV are saying some of the American phone companies are now moving away from the old model of providing a new subsidised smart phone every couple of years to subscribers, since switching them from smart phone to new smart phone it is not as profitable as switching from ordinary phone to smart phone was previously, because that resulted in extra lucrative traffic through Internet Surfing, which smart phone to smart phone does not. They are now just providing the phone service with the customer having to buy their own smartphone to connect to it.  That will probably mean people will not upgrade smart phones so much future if they have to pay full price up front for them, therefore selling mobile communications may not be as profitable as it was in the past and the idea will probably eventually spread to Europe.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2012/12/t_mobile_end_smartphone_subsidies_paying_more_for_your_phone_is_good_for.html