Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

BBC 4 PHOTOGRAPHY PROGRAM TONIGHT AT 8:30

Ref: BBC 4 TV PHOTOGRAPHY PROGRAM TONIGHT AT 8:30....

Please catch up with this program if you didn't watch it first time around....

Didn't catch his name, but the photographer is Glaswegian.....very upfront, and using a double flash unit poked into people's faces, including the super-rich of Knightsbridge, or the hen parties of Blackpool

One thing puzzles me......

A few years ago, I was invited to enter a few of my street pics in an exhibition......all was totally spoilt when I was asked for ....Model Release , for each and every recognisable subject......totally daft, but the organizer insisted......it ended up with me exhibiting two shots where faces were hidden or covered.

The guy in the program tonight is getting very well know, he is a pal of Photographer Martin Parr, who also takes and likes edgy photo books.

A debate on this please!

How is it.....if I did this, I would probably be thumped or arrested, or, sued ....yet others seem to get away with it.......

I consider myself to be quite an edgy Street Photographer.....to cover myself, I always give my card, to all of my Street Portrait subjects......the card states clearly that their photograph, may be used on a forum, in a publication, or in a photo book, of my own making.....they also get offered free, emailed Jpegs.....No one has requested that I don't publish or put online yet.

I do receive the very rare whinger, I sometimes, walk on....but would delete pics if really asked, or threatened....at 79 years of age.....I think Im pretty safe.

Discuss please.....pile in......Please!

The Photographer featured was.....Dougie Wallace.....google his pics......extremely edgy.....the program was called......WHAT ARTISTS DO ALL DAY......BBC 4
FUJI
  • Like 1

I managed to catch up on the program last night having seen a few clips on The One Show during the week. For anyone that didn't see it his website is here - DOUGIE WALLACE

First thoughts; I really like the chap himself, a real character, and I love his work, he's in-your-face without being aggressive, and he knows the law. He's found himself a niche documenting the rich and eccentric, and maximising it to the full, who can fault him for that?
Although he can legally print and post his images anywhere he sees fit (much the same as your good self, Cyril, or any one of us), in order to benefit financially he would need a signed model release from anyone that is recognisable, I can only assume that this has been obtained.

For me, his images are pretty dire. It is ikely me, but I just see nothing artistic or skillful about what he is doing? His goal may well be to capture and process images to make them look repulsive? If this is what he is trying to do, for me he has achieved his aim.

I flagged this up in the shout box, its still available on I player 

To be honest I found his style refreshing These were people of today but not what I normally see in the backwater 

High contrast and saturation I like and some (but not all ) were very cleverly composed