Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Waterfall.

JohnP

I've not been posting much lately as I hate winter and yesterday when I photographed the Bittern & Lapwing it was the first time I've used a camera in anger since last autumn. This afternoon I have been looking through my files to pass the time now that I'm 90% retired... not by chose. This is a shot I took in 2004 with my first DSLR... a Canon 300D... I rather like it... especially as it was hand held... not so easy 9 years on... :lol:  I am not a fan of creamy water (like FUJI)... did I make a good job of this shot... just interested in what you make of it.

35394183.jpg

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel, Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
1/10s f/22.0 at 28.0mm iso100

I would prefer to have seen a larger version (1024 maybe) but for me it does look pretty good.

It's always going to be a matter of choice but milky is the way to go for me and a shutter any faster than 1/10s would freeze the water and completely ruined the image. I've studied the shot and can't find any clipped highlights so it's a big thumbs up from me.

:lolu:

I did I make a good job of this shot... just interested in what you make of it.

I think so, composed well enough and looks a very nice scene. Only thing I may have done (and you might have) if you are shooting hand held then one standing in the water or on a stone shooting up stream might have been worth a shot?

I think you're probably at the acceptable limit of creaminess (for me). I really hate the modern fad for freezing water into a milky white motionless curtain by using a too slow shutter speed. (I'm old enough to remember the pre-fad days, when the advice was to use 1/15 or 1/30 second, which was slow enough to introduce 'motion blur' but not so slow it freezes the water into the silly white mess we get nowadays).

I think it's a good shot. You've got good FG > BG interest, and sharp DOF throughout. My only slight reservation is that the sky looks rather moody and interesting - did you capture a shot to go with that, showing more sky?

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very nicely composed shot with a lovely feel about it. I can almost hear that water gurgling by.

I agree with Fuzzy in that it would benefit from a boost in the sky department and once that's done it'll be a real winner.

Korky

Archived