Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Pipe Product Shot

Ryewolf

This was one of 5 finished images I took of this pipe for a website.

The image as it came out of the camera.... I wasn't about it being off centre as it would eventually be cropped square.

pipe-sooc-3598.jpg

First thing was to open it with Photomatix Pro and twiddle a bit using Contrast Optimiser to lift the darks and mid-tones

pipe-tonemapped-3598.jpg

So that brought the mid tones up, I then used the Finishing Touch Tool to adjust the Lights and Highlights

pipe-tonemapped-ft-3598.jpg

The background still wasn't as white as I wanted it, so then I opened the tonemapped image in Paint Shop Pro 7 to further adjust the brightness and contrast

pipe-psp7-3598.jpg

And finally cropped square and re-sized ready for the website

pipe-finished-3598.jpg

I could possibly have spent longer using a lighten rgb tool on the background, but I had 45 other products to do so I needed to keep the processing time down to a minimum.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Possibly similar, but it doesn't apply it to the whole image, just where you click with the Retouch brush.

I just launched PSP9 (CS2) and it appears to have gone by then. Then again, I don't remember it being in PSP7 either, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Is it an extension of the Healing tools?

6 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

That's possibly why you couldn't find it, I use Paint Shop Pro, not Photoshop. It's basically a Retouch Brush that you can choose various modes, Darken/Lighten RGB, soften/sharpen, saturation Up/Down etc

Ah, you confused me with your PSP - which on my computer is an abbreviation for Photoshop :)

You could do similar things in Photoshop, but they're all different (brush) tools such as Blur/Sharpen, Saturate/Desat, Burn/Dodge, etc.