Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sing

Craftysnapper

A favourite of mine taken at my Granddaughter school music festival day where the kids perform.

These two obellong to a trio and were the only adults performing and if I tell you the guy on the left is the headmaster you will understand why it is a yearly event.:6_smile:

Mono conversion done in just the raw converter Capture One 9 Pro then sent to On1 to tidy the background up.

20130629 160944 copy (2).jpg

I like this too Paul ... There's no mistaking what they are doing ... If I were to really  nit pick...and it's not a big issue  ... for me the highlights in  background curtains (?)  are  slightly clipped, a bit too much  for me, though I appreciate sometimes clipping can be used for artistic effect ... Just my take on  an  otherwise  fabulous portrait duet...  :smiling:

By the way ... Now the Before and After  section is up and running ... you know how much we'd appreciate  some  B and A's from you   when you  can   ... :yes:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

I like this too Paul ... There's no mistaking what they are doing ... If I were to really  nit pick...and it's not a big issue  ... for me the highlights in  background curtains (?)  are  slightly clipped, a bit too much  for me, though I appreciate sometimes clipping can be used for artistic effect ... Just my take on  an  otherwise  fabulous portrait duet...  :smiling:

By the way ... Now the Before and After  section is up and running ... you know how much we'd appreciate  some  B and A's from you   when you  can   ... :yes:rolleyes:

Thank You Polly, if I tell you the background was acovered in a typical school pattern circles squiggles and all shapes especially behind there heads then after cloning I made that decision to adjust it to get rid of the slight cloned shades in the bg ..and Ii'Il stick witih it.:12_slight_smile:

Polly I do know it is up and running and will try to contribute, the problem is I'm sure no one here uses Capture One Pro and I no longer use Lightroom or the full blown Photoshop  the last one I used was CS3 when I was working with gamma masks.:12_slight_smile:

I find any finishing is usually done in a plugin or Elements 14 which some might find to simplistic but it is all I need these days . I did do a candid portrait in Elements using it's cut down raw converter and a adjustment layer and mask to darken the background but and did screen grab's

as I said very simple.

I'm about to work on a waterfall landscape with Efex silver and multiple control points not sure this would be helpful  as it seems most people have it and are already proficient with it including Fuji. I'll work on it,any suggestion as to what people want would be helpful.:12_slight_smile:

I think that would be appreciated  Paul ...  Landscapes are popular with a lot of people . There are so many ways to use the Efex. Silver filters  Using the multiple control points the changes are subtle but effective and when a few filters are combined and are used together they can make important differences . Regardless of the experience of some present members, there  are those prospective members in the future that may join because they find useful and helpful workflows on this site.  As you still have  an  Elements version  you use  sometimes. I don't think it matters how simplistic or difficult it is ... People will find a level that  is suitable for their needs .... It is easy to presume everyone has masses of photoshop skills ... Or the opposite , that they have very few .  The truth is there are  all sorts of levels of skills out there . Some may know very little apart from basic skills  so in order for this to work ...people have to accept that a  tutorial has to cater for all levels   . 

I wouldn't worry about catering to what people want .. I would just show how you get to your finished edit of the quality images that you usually post, regardless of whether there is major manipulation or very subtle changes that make a difference ... Even cropping correctly can change the dynamics of our images .

It just seems you have such a lot of knowledge and experience Paul ,  you maybe underestimate just how much of what you take for granted  is not always common knowledge  with everybody.  There's a saying ... There are those people who know what they know, then there are those who know what they don't know,  then there are people who don't know what they know and  finally there are people who don't know what they don't know . 

When I first opened a programme called Photoshop a million years ago  ... I didn't  know then that I didn't know what a masking layer was . ... ... So don't worry about what people know ..   If every now and then you can find the time and  the energy to show the workflow or  a tutorial no matter how long or short to impart some of the things you do to change some of your original images into the ones that you post , I'm sure you'll find a very attentive audience .. ;)

Archived