Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Echinacea 2 on chipboard.-.WORKFLOW

Clicker

This is the original image  out of the camera.:-

resizedechinacea original.jpg

Screen prints  need to be seen in Large format so click on  each one .to find the option to enlarge it .

echinacea 01.jpg

I am using Photoshop cc2015 . The  texture that I used  was downloaded for free from the site listed below into a file on my hard drive:-

http://texturez.com/

Once I have edited  the pic in RAW to   pull back any highlights or lift unwanted shadows etc  I  opened the image in Photoshop and  created a duplicate layer.

Go to  >. Layers >duplicate Layer

echinacea 03s.jpg

I named the layer Background copy for playing with  so that i can change some  aspects  of the photo on this layer later. 

echinacea 04s.jpg

Next I  opened a texture file (WOOD BROWN ) that  I had downloaded from the site  I mentioned  earlier.   You can edit the Texture  file  to suit  just as you might change any other image  so you can change the colour,  use filters etc.

echinacea 05s.jpg

I altered the contrast shadows, highlights etc until had a colour that I thought would be suitable to go with the flowers and then > open image  in PS.

echinacea 06s.jpg

In order to see both  the image of the flowers and the texture we need to split the work area screen as I want to drag the  texture image  over on to  the flower image . So go to Windows > arrange > two up horizontal .This will give you a view of both images in your workspace.

echinacea 07s.jpg.

echinacea 08s.jpg

Click Ctrl- (MINUS ) in each SCREEN  till you get both images the same size ...

echinacea 09s.jpg

Working on the lower SCREENl relating to the texture image, go to Select >all  to select the image, then  use the move tool ( top left on the tool bar ) in order click on and drag the texture up into the  top panel,  covering the flower image. 

echinacea 10s.jpg

echinacea 11s.jpg

Once you have the texture image  on top of the flower image you can  delete the lower screen showing the  texture image, without saving it unless you wish to keep that version of the texture file for the future .

echinacea 12s.jpg

Now in order to get the texture panel to cover the  flower image, Go to  edit > transform .> scale and then click and hold on the corners of the  selection to drag  the texture image  over the flower image to cover it ... then hit enter ..or ( in some cases eg CC 2015 ) click on the tick in the  top bar to commit the action.

echinacea 13s.jpg

echinacea 14s.jpg

echinacea 15s.jpg

In order to see some of the  flower image showing through, .go to the layers panel on the right, select the  layer with the texture  and reduce the opacity to 50% 

echinacea 16.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST .....

• Like 1

Echinacea on chipboard 2   WORKFLOW   continued ...

Now I need  to use a layer Mask to enable to erase some or all  the  texture that is covering the  flowers .I have moved the layer palette to the left  for better view in this screen shot . You add a layer mask by clicking on the icon circled in red at the base of the layers palette.  You wil see it added as a white panel ( see the red  arrow) in the layers palette.

echinacea 17.jpg

Make sure  the foreground and background colours are the default black and white ( bottom of the tool bar on the left  )

Using a soft paintbrush and adjusting the opacity  you can remove the texture in varying degrees or completely by painting over the flowers  with the while brush  and paint the texture back in by swapping the foreground box to Black and painting in with the black brush .JUST MAKE SURE THE PANEL WITH THE WHITE MASK IN THE LAYERS  PALETTE  IS SELECTED

echinacea 18s.jpg

Once I had erased as much  texture as I wanted from the flowers, I then went to the Background copy for playing with on the Layers palette and  used the text  tool to write in  the name of the plant in a reduced opacity colour to add more interest.. If  anyone does not know how to add text to an image  just yell and I can add it to this  tutorial later.

I saved the whole  pic plus all   layers in SAVE AS, as a large photoshop file ...in case I want to go back and change anything  I still can because i have all the layers there still .

echinacea 19s.jpg

Then I flattened the image and saved as a jpeg

I then went to the Nik effex filters  that i had downloaded as a free plugin  to   use a couple of colour effex filters  to  lighten the  image and play with some of the other effects  to get a look I wanted . If you zoom in you can see which ones I used.

echinacea 20s.jpg

echinacea 21s.jpg

echinacea 22s.jpg

Then I flattened the image again......

echinacea 23s.jpg

and Voila.. the After image .

echinacea final pic 1s.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/09/2016 at 11:15, Brian said:

Very nice, Polly. Thanks for doing that for us. It must have taken ages to do and looks fairly detailed, so maybe easily followed. Even for someone as slow witted as me!

Only about a week all told!! :lolu: I did lots and lots of screen shots as I wasn't sure which ones were pertinent ./ essential so I at least had the option when getting the tutorial together  then I had to resize them all to make sure I didn't run out of "space" to use them in a post .Then...  in the middle of it all I saw the thumbnails had been reduced by Phil and I was worried that the screen shots were not going to be legible  but it's no hardship to click a couple of times to  enlarge them .    I was concerned then, that I had been too detailed with my tutorial and people would think a lot of it was unnecessary explaining certain things ... Phew . But I don't know the extent of people's  skills in Photoshop  

I know from teaching experience that  one should never presume the student knows anything so forgive me all you photoshoppers out there  who didn't need all that  detailed information... I am just slightly relieved that a  few people at least have looked at it and found it may be helpful . So thanks for that feedback Tipfers ;)

• Like 1