Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

HELP! HELP! I'M SINKING

No not me...thankfully....But my all important Photography Hobby/Therapy has ground to a halt; if something doesnt come right soon, I might pack up.

As you know, for the past three years or so I have been enjying the use of CS6, Topaz and Bridge on my 32 bit Windows XP Pro Desktop PC.

Since last Wednesday, the ADOBE DNG Converter, my Camera software just refuse to recognise the GX7 RW RAW files....both have stopped co-operating with XPpro..

I'm tearing my hair out....I can use FATSTONE to see the thumbnails, and can convert each pic to TIFF, BMP. BMP JPEG and PDF....if I do any of these...the pics look washed out and pinkish, obviously missing all that lovely RAW info...

I really don't want to shoot JPEGS after learning and appreciating how RAW files look then develop in CS6 using my favourite post processing:

During the past couple of days, I have shot some of my best work...I am desperate not to lose them or to convert to JPEGS.

I have spent around three hours searching the net for a solution...but it appears that my gear is out of date...just like me ;-((

I could look at updating this PC, it does have a good spec, but that would mean buying all that expensive software again.

Any advice please.

I realise that the YORK Gang will be shattered, but there is no rush

FUJI

could look at updating this PC, it does have a good spec, but that would mean buying all that expensive software again.

I'm not sure on that Fuji windows is usually backward compatible plus CS6 should work on windows 7, 8 and 10.

2 minutes ago, Judy said:

Have you tried deleting and then re-instlling Adobe DNG converter, Fuji?

yes Judy....thank you for you interest......It was the first thing I did.....but on reinstallation it totally refused to recognise the Panasonic RW RAW files.....it demands 64 bit, not 32.....I can only imagine that Adobe has completely pulled the plug on XP users....it happened right on the first day of June. likewise, my camera software with Silkypix on, will no longer function, yet the PC itself is running as normal on all other programs.

it now looks as if I will be forced to bite the bullet, to upgrade to Windows 10......sad thing is, I will lose the functionality of much of my long established software such as Corel Suite...FamilytreeMaker.....and much more....`i am hoping that, CS6, TOPAZ, BRIDGE and MS OFFICE 2000 are all backwards compatible?

you can imagine the photographs and files I have, because Ive been using computers since the 1980s  Amstrag Green Screens and all that jazz.....then a WINDOWS 3.1 made to my spec, with, Office, Corel Suite and Family History software installed.

Since then, I have upgraded every five years or so......the current PC, is only three years old, so should upgrade to WINDOWS 10 OK?

What is really driving me nuts is that I have just taken a series of special photographs that I can't see properly or process.

It's known as....SOD'S LAW......I think?

Im currently running C-Cleaner, then Antivirus and Anti-Malware to give the PC a good old scrub out....thankfully all my old and important files, including from drives, years old are stored on external drives now.

Then on Tuesday, it will down to the local independent computer shop for an upgrade and assessment as to what Im left with that's still working.

So posts from me will be frustratingly absent from the forum.

Wish me luck folks!

FUJI

CS6 will work fine with Windows 10 and if you are struggling with the Win10 email package may I suggest dowloading Windows Essentials - Live Mail.

I do have my doubts about Office 2000, I can't remember for sure but I seem to remember we couldn't get that to be Windows 7 compatable.

Edited by colinb

FUJI.... It seems odd things were working OK before last Wednesday, have you updated ADOBE DNG Converter since then or does it update automatically? I understand that version 8.4 or later doesn't work with older OS systems. According to the link below you can revert to version 8.3 for Windows 32-bit XP. It might be worth checking this out. On the other hand I may be talking rubbish as I'm not great in matters such as this.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-84-support-policy.html

Hi John,

'Thanks for that.....It has worked up to a point......I can now convert to DNG....._but, at the moment they refuse to be seen in Bridge or CS6....but frustratingly they pop up beautifully in ..........Fatstone .....I could edit them basically in there, so there is a bit of hope.....just had enough of fighting the PC today, so switched off to watch Opera on TV.....beats ruddy football any day.

'Then, when I go to open them in PS. the PC locks up........

FUJI

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried RawTherepee? It's a decent RAW converter and will save as Tiff.

Forget PS and wait until Serif brings out a Windows version of Affinity Photo (currently only for Mac, but Windows version promised). Affinity Photo doesn't recognise cameras that have come out after Nov 2015, but, with a bit of luck, that will be remedied (Serif will be supplying free updates for two years). Oh, and it's only £40.00 for a forever license.

Hi,,Monomania.......many thanks for your reply....

'I'm all sorted now, thanks to excellent advice from TIPF members and friends..

I decided to keep my creaking WINDOWS XP PRO desktop as an Archive, because it has files from at least three previous computers stored on it and two it's external drives.

I managed to get a high spec, three year old SONY VAIO laptop, that now runs Windows 10 with just a Photoshop CS6 and Chrome running, this, hooked up to my large monitor is working just fine.....extremely fast in fact.

FUJI