Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

I NEED SOME TECH HELP FOLKS..PLEASE!

Hi, As you know......I had trouble with a card very recently.....Today I purchased brand new SCANDISK replacements from a lcal Camera Suppl;ies store.

My new card is ..in-camera, and functioning as it should...but when I attempt to run my Panasonic ARW RAW filed through ADOBE DNG Converter...I get the same fault message/

In desperation, I went to the ADOBE site...apparently it doesn't work with WINDOWS XP Pro now.

So here is my plea.........How do I get my Panasonic ARW RAW files batch converted into DNGs (could be TIFFS?) using my Steam Driven WINDOWS XP PC.

I cant really afford a replacement PC with all the allied Photo software......On my XP machine I have CS6 TOPAZ and much more....Heeeeeeelp!

Addendum...

Ive just discovered that my Free....FATSTONE...photo software shows Panasonic RW RAW files no problem.....this is good....but....it will only Batch Convert to...JPEG...TIFF....PDF....PNG.

I tried the TIFFS the files are HUGE and the colours are washed out....I am converting a batch to PNGs in the hope that these are the right colours and editable.

Any advice welcome/

CHEERS! 

FUJI

Edited by FUJI

Fooj - Have you had a good root around the Adobe site?

The latest version may not support XP, but it's very possible they have the old XP version available for download.

Or is it that the XP version won't support Lumix RAW files? If so, will the software that came with your GX7 do the job?

Korky

44 minutes ago, Korky said:

Fooj - Have you had a good root around the Adobe site?

The latest version may not support XP, but it's very possible they have the old XP version available for download.

Or is it that the XP version won't support Lumix RAW files? If so, will the software that came with your GX7 do the job?

Korky

Thank you both...I'm absolutely Cream Crackered tonight....it is SO bloody frustrating when you know you have great shots but cant see them as they should be...I will look into your solutions? tomorrow Korky.

But take a look at my latest post called............A Silver Lining....Out of Bad Came Good......

FUJI

• Like 1

Just one silver lining not directly linked to your main problem.. CS6 will run fine on any 'modern' computer. It's pretty recent, and despite Adobe's efforts to get us all subscribing, they still pay lip service to the last fully-sold version.

I'm getting confused here not enoughth information, is it just the NEW card that will not work with the DNG converter or files from your other cards as well? If the former it is a card problem, if the later then sounds like a corrupt file in the dng converter, Also you do not day if you are using the inbuilt converter of CS6 or the standalone one. To the best of my knowledge this  standalone converter works with XP. but needs to have XP service pack 3  installed

Product Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter
Version 8.2
Platform Windows
File Name DNGConverter_8_2.exe
File Size 129.3MB
  Proceed to Download

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista® with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Edited by OlympusPaul

Thank You Paul and every one.....I have downloaded and now using that retro DNG converter, it was also suggested by JohnP

The next bit of this saga may make you smile........After ll that hassle and hair tearing, with replacement cards and hours battling with an outdated System; I now have some semblance of working, even though I am forced to use FATSTONE Picture Viewer Software as an intermediary to CS6:

Now the bit to make you smile...a Senior Moment I think its called?....When using the DNG Converter it kept on giving me the message PROCESSING ERROR or something very similar...this is when I was convinced my Card was corrupt...which is why I downloaded an updated version of DNG...that wouldn't work on XP Pro.

It was only yesterday, that I twigged what really had happened...in my distant memory I recalled seeing that error message a year or so back, then, the penny dropped.

DNG was telling me that I was attempting to Upload Files into a totally FULL and large capacity external drive....Why it doesn't say that I'll never know.....Just PROCESSING ERROR.....GRRRRRRR!  Yesterday I deleted a few old files and away it went!

The silver lining is...that I now have three ultra fast 8 gig cards, a pack of bargain, pack-damaged satin  photo paper, plus a fantastic £10 lens....on top of all that I have decided to take our BeePees advice to acquire a Windows 10 laptop with guts to run just CS6,TOPAZ pus a few other Photo stuff; this will plug into my large monitor; leaving my knackered XP machine intact to run all my archives alongside.

My iPad Pro will take care of most other things too.

I was tempted to go down the Mini-Mac Route, but, because I allready have the disks for CS6 and TOPAZ the shop will load them FOC....for circa £250; I make the decision tomorrow after Ive seen the machine...I think its an ASUS?

FUJI           the venerable....or....should it be ...Vunerable???