Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Drones..........

It isn't a lot of money for a hobby but thats where I get  stuck with the idea of a drone. I've thought about one a few times but keep thinking that once you've played with it half a dozen times, flown it around your local landmarks etc then it will sit in the garage gathering dust. Now to be fair you could say that about a large number of hobby purchases (like a bike) but that brings us back to the price...

Anyone considering one should google and read CAA (Civil Avation Authority) rules and guidelines.

A lot of people don't realise but it is illegal to operate a drone over any built up areas. Anyone using one for commercial purposes of any kind needs permission from the CAA or face prosecution.

The authorities are becoming ever more concerned about them, in the wrong hands or in a mishap they are dangerous.

I've read all the info, watched hundreds of videos, so I'm well aware of the rules and regs. In the hands of a yob they can be an extremely dangerous tool and in such cases are well deserving of the bad press, the Yuneec Q500 is a professional bit of kit and not a toy.

I've wanted a quadcopter since they first started to appear but not taken the plunge until my son said he fancied giving it a go. With his girlfriend they have dogs and take part in Flyball (they're actually racing at Crufts this weekend), unlike the DJI series which is extortionately expensive, the Yuneec comes with everything you need to fly right out of the box, including 2 batteries and a SteadyGrip which enables you to detach the camera and gimble from the aircraft and use it handheld, at 120FPS is perfect for filming jumping dogs.

I'm just seeing Jodie off to school then I'm out for my very first flight, watch this space :shock:

• Like 1

Good luck Phil, I think you may find it very easy to fly as yours as you say is a "proper" one not a toy. I have flown one as a mate operates one commercially as part of his business.

Ron

1 minute ago, CanonChrissy said:

I grabbed a towel to cover my body......its a temple you know haha.

Much like mine I guess :gym:

As I'm lead to believe the Yuneec is a slightly larger drone than most with longer props that spin slower, making it quieter, we'll see.

6 minutes ago, Black Pearl said:

If you can hover outside the neighbours bedroom window...

Haha, 'er-indoors is against 'em for that very reason, I'm sure she sees me as some kind of perv! As if :whistle:

If you could keep away from Manchester Airport in early April I'd appreciate it.

Also, let me know when you get fed up with it and you're considering eBay. One of my neighbours - Mrs McGinty - is said to walk around her garden in the buff in the summer months. Nothing pervy here, she's 81, I'm just thinking there might be a blackmail aspect as her son is a psychiatrist.

Korky  

• Like 1