Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

If you didn't know, this is...

Clicker

Polly, I do like your Bewdley pics but I can't help humming this:- it's not all that far away from Shropshire!

Will try to make a short link - I don't like the full youtube showing - so Click Here

Ah Judy ...what a joy John Betjeman  was . Reading and listening to him is always food for the soul ...Thanks for that reminder:yes

We've probably walked past each other Paul as I'm usually at those events too !   'Tis a small world really. ;)

Hi Korks ... there are a number of  steel words embedded along the length of the quayside walk, I recall Salmon, Coracles  etc Thank you people, for the  likes too....

As you can see ... the articulated screens are a must for us OAPs :lol:

Here's a beautiful bit of John Betjeman - He's one of my favourite Englishmen, along with Ralph Vaughn-Williams (whose piano is in the news at the moment), LS Lowry and Norman Cornish. I'd love to invite them all for tea and a chat.

Korky

How that resonates  with the passing of the  years Korks ... He was such a beautiful man ... And I'd get my best Royal Doulton out for you all  to be able to join you and  those three   four for  tea ...I'd even make the eccles cakes ....Norman Cornish's work   always felt very real ...  and I have to  admit to knowing someone with an original Lowry on  their bedroom wall  ... I  always ask to see it when visiting ... and admit to standing ... for as long as they will let me ... just  gazing at it  !

Well seeing as its gone off topic Polly...:lol: I am a big Dylan Thomas fan, a wordsmith I think if ever there was one. Youtube and listen to Richard Burton reading Under Milk Wood it is just spine tingling at times.

Ron

It's my other half's  favourite recital Ron ...and we've listened to it  more times that I've had the proverbial   ...but one never tires of it ... .. I don't  mind straying a little off the  topic  ... Pictures that trigger memories are playing  an important part in my life this week as I  found a cousin three weeks ago ... , my late Dad's eldest brother's son ... I never knew any of them and last night he presented me via email with 38 photographs of me  age 6 months  - 5  that I had never seen before . ..it's been emotional ...to say the least .:)My Father was soldier serving abroad for most of my childhood  and he had sent them to his parents  who I  only ever met once when I was seven !

Yup ...strayed off topic enough methinks ..;)

.The new flood barriers on the other hand  appear to be doing exactly what it said on the tin ...the first time I ever saw the River Severn  it was in  full flood mode  21 years ago ...the mallards were swimming past me doing about  seventy !!

The first time I saw the Severn was when I Iwas about 5 or 6 ((long ago now) . We went to Shrewsbury by train. Mum wanted to go shopping and Dad wanted to go to the Dingle (the park that borders the Severn). I think they compromised. We alternated between Chester and Shrewsbury for years.

Oh - so many memories of Shropshire and the Severn. That's why I thought of the Betjeman poem .

Sorry, Polly for off topiicing your thread but the Severn is very homesick/long time ago memories making.

(PS - Mr has just heard me playing JB's stuff on youtube and remembers that we had a couple of LPs - he wants to get them again!. We have the books)

No need for apologies  Judy  ....  If photos are discussed without referring to what they mean to us the whole point of a forum  would seem irrelevant .. everything talked about had  some relevance to  Severn ..an integral part of the image.

My OH also heard it, the link, and got the books that we have, off the shelf... And... watched some of the YouTube recitals for an hour !!

All this triggered from a word on a photo ... Just proves  the power of an image eh ;)

Archived