Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Just a thought

Leon

guys and girls, I (when I have broadband ) come on here to see pictures and chat Photography, I know current affairs are part of life but I really do not want to come here and read more about the doom and gloom of the world, plus at least one member here is probably sick of the "Jessops" subject?

can we not stick to the topic of the forum more?

If I'm out of order I'll sink back into my corner and please delete/lock the thread, just my thoughts :)

Regards, Leon

Am I the only person that thinks the open forum (for anything photographic or anything else) is actually designed to air these type of views

If you are underway phil to do somthing about it I would be grateful if you can supply a list of subjects I can and cannot talk about

• Like 1

Am I the only person that thinks the open forum (for anything photographic or anything else) is actually designed to air these type of views

If you are underway phil to do somthing about it I would be grateful if you can supply a list of subjects I can and cannot talk about

I'm all in favour of a healthy debate on any subject and the Open Forum is just the place to do it, but I will not stand by and allow the debates to turn into offensive slanging matches. I'm referring specifically to the Jessops episode which I am now putting a halt to.

I would like to think we are all amiable folk here so the parties involved must either shake hands and agree to disagree or find somewhere else to voice their opinions.

• Like 2

I think a discussion/debate can be very good to put forward our personal views etc. Slanging isn't any good to anyone and it spoils the forum.

I hope to think that I haven't made any remarks that may have been misconstrued by anyone and as part of the public that has shopped with Jessops and the other stores that have gone down, i wish them all luck in finding other jobs as the staff have all served the public well.

• Like 1

I think that chat about other subjects, if kept in balance with the main objectives of a forum, can help that forum continue in a community sense. All of us, at some point face things where it is nice to 'off load', and a sense of 'having friends' to support can be helpful. Leon,I fully agree that you cannot, in any way, change all the bad things going on in the world, and I don't deliberately delve in to subjects that sadden, or anger me, (not on here, I mean in a general world news sense.)

If a thread on here starts getting too heated, sorry, but I dib out, doesn't mean that I don't feel for the people!

I think I may not have explained myself properly maybe?

I am a realist I know the world is a crappy place, I know we all have different opinions that is what makes a forum, what I was getting at is the one subject which is close to someone's heart, we have a member who has lost his job thanks to a big company going bust, the subject was locked by admin (good work admin peeps) but more threads on the same subject keep coming up, if that was me I would not want it to keep appearing in my online community!!

now I know people may think I am just an outspoken idiot with too many opinions but it's not about me is it?

• Like 1

well said Leon. The companies going out of business is a hot topic but as a group of "friends" I feel we have to have a certain amount of tact and diplomacy when any recent hot topic affects one of our "friends" directly. When someone has lost their livelihood they don't want to read us posting about how it was bound to happen and how the company was to blame.

so lets use some tact and diplomacy and talk about the weather which is the current hot topic.