Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Shots from upstairs....

WereBo

I decided to brave the near-freezing cold whilst it was a dry night and take a wander to the top-floor (4th) of my block, for some night-shots. 1st time for this Nikon to see how it's 'Auto Night Landscape' coped - London Docklands is just across the Thames from me, plus a couple towards London, although there's a huge block of flats right where most of the landmarks are......

All shots are straight from the camera, no tweaks, crops or fiddling with......

DSCN0331.jpg

The row of orangey blobs just above the low flats are the riverside path-lights on t'other side of the river, plus their reflections in the water....

DSCN0332.jpg

The 'London-Eye' at night, 4.3 miles away (as the crow flies)....

DSCN0336.jpg

The Shard (3 miles)......

DSCN0330.jpg

Congratulationslations, these are great.....the first reminds me of that old thriller film.....Rear Window.....the second is my favourite.

This is something I have never tried because I tend to go out less and less after dark nowadays, and living in a rural are doesn't lend itself to night shots like yours.....the only way, would be to get on the top floor of our local Holiday Inn, but the views wouldn't be up to much ?

FUJI

Night photography isn't easy and so a big thumbs-up from me for a valiant effort. 

However, I'm not sure why you posted these shots SOOC as they can be made so much better with even the smallest amount of post processing. Shot 2, for example, has a fair bit of potential - with a slight crop and a bit of judicial burning (to remove the flats at the bottom of the image) this would be improved so much!

I'm not sure where you stand on PP, so I won't bang on any longer.

Korky

Thank'ee for th feedback folks, 'tis apreciated thumbup1.gif

@ Korky - I'm in mixed minds about post-processing, I'm not averse to a bit of levels-tweaking, slight cropping where necessay and a bit of cloning to remove unsightly blobs of whatever, but I'm not overly struck by shallow wide shots (i.e. panoramas) - I did get 1 other shot but I forgot to set the 2-second self-timer,  it blurred slightly as I pressed the shutter-release shakehead.gif.....  I cropped it top 'n' bottom, to remove some of the blackness...

88d30014-51ab-4772-9843-6bd587f7b1f0.jpg

Thank you Tina, I'm gradually working my way around this camera as subjects and/or opportunities appear.  I'm starting with the various 'scene' settings on auto, to see what it produces, then I can adjust things as necessary for later shots.

Roll on Spring for the buds/flowers pics, plus the warmer weather to go out in - Cold damp weather doesn't go well with Emphysema and Asthma grin.gif

Archived