Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Finally...

Both routes? Maybe if my numbers come up :yes

I'm also peeved because 2 weeks I upgraded my mobile contract. I've now got the iPhone 6S Plus for the next 2 years, Microsoft have announced the Lumia 950 XL due out in November. Gutted!
I appreciate there'll be those that don't agree but I've always been a massive fan of the Windows system, I particularly like it in mobile format. I had a Lumia running W8 a couple of years ago and loved it, but got rid due to the lack of app support. I've realised now that everything I use my phone for is available on all platforms.

It's always been the issues with Windows monitors that has prevented me from upgrading sooner, I really don't like the limitations imposed by Apple, particularly on the phone side. The monitor on the Surface Book is stunning, just what I've been holding out for :)

As a carry around photography machine its very nice but  VERY  expensive.

Why spend that much on something that as a photography tool is compromised? 

For an i7 processor and 16GB of ram you're going to have to part with $2699!!!!!!!
Spend $150 more and you could buy you a 27" iMac with a 5K display a 4.0GHz i7 processor, a 2GB Radeon GPU and 16GB of RAM.
No you can't carry it around but who gives a toss when you will use it in the house 99% of the time.

• Like 2

If/when you get that latest Surface book, I'd be interested in your report back. I had a good look at the current versions a few weeks ago and was very tempted - excellent reviews :)

The Surface Book is a brand new machine not due for release until November, I think you're probably getting mixed up with the current line up:

The Surface - An app based tablet much in the vein of an iPad. V4 is due out this month, I had V2 which was excellent.
The Surface Pro - Pretty much the same as the Surface but with the ability to install regular windows software. Again, the Surface Pro 4 due out later this month, but with just a 12.3" screen it's a little small.
Then comes the new Surface Book :)

As a carry around photography machine its very nice but  VERY  expensive.

Why spend that much on something that as a photography tool is compromised? 

For an i7 processor and 16GB of ram you're going to have to part with $2699!!!!!!!
Spend $150 more and you could buy you a 27" iMac with a 5K display a 4.0GHz i7 processor, a 2GB Radeon GPU and 16GB of RAM.
No you can't carry it around but who gives a toss when you will use it in the house 99% of the time.

Firstly, I live in a tiny cottage and simply don't have the space for an iMac or PC. Not that I would buy something that big if I did have the room, I would find having to physically move my head and not just my eyes to view the entire screen irritating, my current laptop is 17" which I find a perfect size. Agreed, the SB screen is just 13.5" which will take some getting used to. I don't need an i7, I don't need 16GB RAM.

Doing the job I do I'm able to take my comp to work (I'm there now) which means around 40% of any editing is done there.

If anyone has any other recommendations for a Windows based machine I'd love to hear, priority given to screen quality of course :)

Oh sod it - get yourself a Mac and have done with it. You'll never regret the move!

Korky

But that's just it, I know I will regret it.
I really miss my Windows Phone so the 6S Plus will be sold as soon as the Lumia 950 XL is released, and I'm passionate about W10, just love it.

My one and only gripe is, as above, the quality of windows laptop screens, they're just not up to the job.

Look...... I can understand how a man can get passionate about sheds or beers or cars or Barbara Windsor, but bloody Windows 10?

C'mon now, settle down, take your medication, get a grip of your pantalettes and have a sken at this.............. MacBook Pro

Now, repeat after me in a gentle tone.......... I must buy a proper computer, I must buy a proper computer.

Isn't that better? Only one more thing to do and therapy is complete........... Get yer arse down to the Apple Store and hand over the plastic!

Korky

• Like 2