Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

What are you reading?

Napleon's Marshals. Now this is a BIG book. It gives a biography of all Bonaparte's "leadership" team. These guys, most of whom came from very poor backgrounds, rose to become big names in the Empire based upon their merit and not birth right. 

36589378412_3b7da90fde_b.jpg

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, vanguard said:

No Lee child wrote the jack reacher books. And the jack reacher films with Tom cruse are very enjoyable. The film based on Vince Flynn books is called America assassin and I wouldn’t waste your time. Pity really as the books are brilliant. 

I realize that Jack Reacher was a Lee Child creation  I was pointing out (this is where we differ) that the films were for me a disappointment 

Tom Cruse vs my image of Jack Reacher just dosnt stack up and the film one shot was a cut down version of a good book 

Its a great pity that Vince Flynn  passed away in 2013 

The survivor is the first from Kyle Mills carrying on the Mitch Rapp series and its very much in Vince Flynns style 

TC has obviously studies the Reacher books and I know Lee Childs was on set but Tom is tiny so the interplay just doesn't work. Reacher is huge so when he squares up to a bunch of ne'er-do-wells you believe he will win. I did enjoy the films as a stand alone though.

I finished the latest Reacher book a couple of weeks back and enjoyed it but don't think its one of the better ones. I've read the new Dan Brown book recently which was canny enough if a little predictable and I'm now ploughing through the third book in the The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell which I'm really enjoying.

• Like 1
On 21/01/2018 at 23:05, fuzzyedges said:

I realize that Jack Reacher was a Lee Child creation  I was pointing out (this is where we differ) that the films were for me a disappointment 

Tom Cruse vs my image of Jack Reacher just dosnt stack up and the film one shot was a cut down version of a good book 

Its a great pity that Vince Flynn  passed away in 2013 

The survivor is the first from Kyle Mills carrying on the Mitch Rapp series and its very much in Vince Flynns style 

Sorry I miss read your post 

9 minutes ago, vanguard said:

Sorry I miss read your post 

No need to apologize the written word is often misconstrued 

It was my fault for not saying " just like " at the start but then I was the only one that knew what I meant 
I get myself into a lot of trouble with Mrs Edges the same way  

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wings on my Sleeve by Captain Eric "Winkle" Brown.

he was:-

• The greatest test pilot in history
  • flew more aircraft types than anyone else
  • Made a record breaking 2,407 aircraft carrier landings
  • Went to Nazi Geramny questioning Hermann Goering, Hanna Reitsch and Josef Kramer (Belsen camp commandant) among others.

book.jpg

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Wings on my Sleeve by Captain Eric "Winkle" Brown.

he was:-

• The greatest test pilot in history
  • flew more aircraft types than anyone else
  • Made a record breaking 2,407 aircraft carrier landings
  • Went to Nazi Geramny questioning Hermann Goering, Hanna Reitsch and Josef Kramer (Belsen camp commandant) among others.

book.jpg

Brilliant book just finished it myself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, kev7d said:

hahahaha. Love it. You H+S dudes are awesome.   :4_joy:

The thing is, H&S is just a bolt on to my main job. The conversation went something like this, "you know a bit about H&S don't you? You might as well do that as well.oh and while you're at it, can you write an environmental policy, emergency response, and business continuity plan. Oh and can you manage fuel services too?"

It's not like there are any safety hazards or environmental impacts present at an international airport is it! :4_joy:

• Sad 1