Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

COSTA CHARACTER

FUJI

• 2 weeks later...

a lovely portrait of an interesting character. Great tones, nice and sharp. My only concern would be the top of the glasses frame on the right of the photo,  cuts his eye so a slight push up of his glasses would help to see the sparkly in his eyes. Great catch

A great character shot Fuji. But in this case I think the very contrasty condidtions have not helped you and trying to bring back the shadow detail in post processing has washed the image out.

Next time when shooting a backlit portrait try metering of the face and increase exposure by o.7 to 1 stop and and stand at a angle so he his fully backlit and not partialy, just my opinion.:)

A huge thank you Paul, you are dead right in every way.......but when I explain the conditions I shot it in you will realise why it looks like it does.

i was on my way out of our extremely busy COSTA followed by a pal, we were chatting and had others pressing to get out as others pushed to get in.....it was at this point I spotted my subject, who had given permission for a portrait some weeks previously........I simply drew his attention, aimed  then pressed the shutter.....all in a day's street photography ;-))

FUJI

YES PLEASE!

FUJI

I brought your image into bridge, this is not neccessary but it is the way my work flow works 
Slightly sharpened (not much) and decreased the exposure by -0.015
Sent to p/s cs4      on a seperate layer used smart sharpen advanced in the shadows (not much) 

control j (New Layer) - image- adjustments- shadows / highlights and keeping the radius to 1 moved sliders to suit 
control j (New Layer)- lasso tool around the overexposed nose area- control c (copy)- control v (paste) (this puts it on its own layer not necessary but just as a safe guard)
Using the burn tool at 50% reduced the "shine" in that area - merged down 
Also with the same burn tool I reduced the shine in other places like his cap bottom left and where i thought fit 

control j (New Layer)- filter- sharpen- unsharp mask adjusted to suit
control j (New Layer)-lasso tool- 0 pixels- lassoed the left eye- holding down shift lassoed right eye- control c (copy)- control v (paste) (this puts it on its own layer not necessary but just as a safe guard
)
Filter- other- high pass- adjust until detail just shows in the eyes-in the layers box select soft light, this will give a shine to the eyes
Flattern the image and bobs your auntie 

I have deliberatly not used the slider settings I used because its up to your eyes to set your levels 
I am sure others have diffrent ways this is only one of them   

Archived