Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Mutt

That's Jasper and just make me an offer :innocent:

I can see the kids letting you do THAT .......I don't think....:no

He looks an absolutely treasure ......his expression just oozes trust and loyalty .....I expect it's lovingly  returned ... despite your protestations BP ;)

Don't get me wrong he's great dog, amazing with the boys who adore him and he's a rescue dog from a local kennels (he was abandoned, left chained to a fence) so I feel we have given him a better life than he potentially had - but - he is thick. 

Every dog I've had (always owned a dog and my parents always had a dog when I was growing up) has learned who the people in the house were so if you said "Go see Dylan" the dog would go to Dylan. If you said "Where's your mam?" the dog would go looking for her (not really their mam but you know how it is with pets) but even after five years with Jasper he can't 'get' the people he lives with. The four of us have stood in a field, one has shouted for him while the rest say "Go to xxx" countless times and it won't sink in. We've sat in the house getting him to go between or just concentrated on one person but nothing...not a single spark of recognition to names. To be fair our previous dogs have either been Boarder Collies or we had a Lab once so they are known as being intelligent but there's collie in Jasper so there has to be something inside that has an IQ that starts without a decimal point.

Anyhoo - he does make a good photo subject 

Oh! My Giddy Aunt BP,  your description of Jasper could be of me too.......I have, for ever, been unable to recall faces seen quite regularly, but I KNOW who they are......not an age thing, but a personality trait......Jasper, like me, has an Artistic/Creative/Lateral Thinking mind........far too busy for bothering who and what things are  :stuart:

I'm a lovable, once neglected soul too .....

FUJI

Oh! My Giddy Aunt BP,  your description of Jasper could be of me too.......I have, for ever, been unable to recall faces seen quite regularly, but I KNOW who they are......not an age thing, but a personality trait......Jasper, like me, has an Artistic/Creative/Lateral Thinking mind........far too busy for bothering who and what things are  :stuart:

I'm a lovable, once neglected soul too .....

FUJI

Make that two of us.:lol:

Maybe he's just deaf ... ?

His hearing is superb, he can hear you picking his lead up from anywhere in the house, knows the sounds my hiking boots make compared to me putting on work shoes and a simple whistle will have him back to my side as fast as he can run from him being a dot in the distance. He will sit, lie down, heel, give a paw, stay (unless very excited) do all the usual dog obedience stuff he just doesn't remember peoples names or the name of objects.

His hearing is superb, he can hear you picking his lead up from anywhere in the house, knows the sounds my hiking boots make compared to me putting on work shoes and a simple whistle will have him back to my side as fast as he can run from him being a dot in the distance. He will sit, lie down, heel, give a paw, stay (unless very excited) do all the usual dog obedience stuff he just doesn't remember peoples names or the name of objects.

Hey... nobody's perfect .... that list  looks like a lorra positives   :thumbsup: ... ooooh you are a hard taskmaster you ..:yes:lol:..

Hey, I have a university degree but do you think I can remember people's names? :lol:

Archived