Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

walk over the 02

jpgr

it said in the blurb that cameras weren't allowed and you could only take a phone that would fit in their special pocket located in the harness. so i did.

when we got to the top every other bugger took out a compact camera.

02walk2.jpg

Interesting. That first one I believe could (have been) improved by taking a wideangle shot and then cropping different bits of it to give a few pictures? Probably difficult to shoot up there? but as it is it isn't quite working for me.

I've made a slight edit to the second shot - what do you think? (The upload has made it very dark, but I didn't edit that! If you click it, the darkness lightens... In fact it's weirder still - your original picture is much lighter when clicked, but my download of it is your unclicked darker version, then my upload is darker still...)

55ba7bcd4b7d2_jpgrs_O2.thumb.jpg.86ab6a6

In fact, just to prove the point : from the left - your clicked original, your unclicked original, my edit. None of them edited for levels or lightness. It's not just the lightness sthat' different, the shade of blue has changed too.

55ba7e602899f_jpgrs_3_shades_of_O2.thumb

i've noticed my uploads have started getting darker for some reason. i've clicked other images from other posts and they don't change by as much as mine do.

i sent an email to phil and he pointed me to a topic that said the post images are a lower res than the clicked images and there would be a difference between them.

if i could get someones lr5 export settings i could give that a try.

i dunno, maybe i should stick to monochrome.

I have noticed this before, the clicked image looks different to the preview image in the post.

I do believe Phil did say that the forum generates a preview in post but uses some compression so it's not always the same as the original.

Yes -I've only noticed a crisper image before, never such a significant colour shift. \it seems to only occur in jpgr's images as far as I can see - tres odd.

Very odd indeed. If jpgr's colours were all wrong before upload they'd be wrong in both clicked and unclicked versions.

i think it might be down to the colour space export in lightroom. i originally had it set to prophoto rgb on export. i've now changed it to sRGB on export.

the martinique waterspout upload appears with the correct colours.

i think it might be down to the colour space export in lightroom. i originally had it set to prophoto rgb on export. i've now changed it to sRGB on export.

the martinique waterspout upload appears with the correct colours.

The second one? Yes Ispotted a big difference. That doesn't explain the difference etween uploaded unclicked and uploaded clicked differences though.

i found this:

https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-troubleshooting/52721-prophoto-rgb-photos-look-dark-web.html

"Because of this, your JPG likely was tagged as being in the ProFoto color space. Most browsers don't have a clue about how to deal with this, so they just display it as if it was an ordinary sRGB file. This will always make a ProFoto or AdobeRGB file look muddy and less saturated when viewed on software (such as a browser) that is not fully ICC compliant. "

phil's topic said the displayed images are lower res and when clicked are shown 'proper'.

i checked the properties of the dark images and they showed them as sRGB even though i had exported them as proPhoto RGB.  the two that i've exported as sRGB are displaying correctly. it seems that not every program can handle the proPhoto profile.

Archived