Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Lavender Blue Dilly Dilly

Clicker

Spent a day on the Cotswold Escarpment just a quarter a mile from Hidcote Manor above Chipping Camden, visiting the Lavender Fields set out in their uniform rows with numerous varieties of varying shades of purple  pink and violet and then went to a fabulous garden called Kiftsgate Court. . I wish I could capture the perfume of the lavender that hung in the air as you walked through the grassy pathways  mown between rows of lavender plants on the farm . They will be harvested soon so there is just a brief time to visit and experience  this .. 

lavenderblue_dilly_dilly_1s.thumb.jpg.f9  

This is all very odd, it's also Monday morning here :stuart:

I agree that it is a lovely image, but feel it just needs a little punch of vibrance. But that could be me, I never know when to stop.

An individual's perception of how an image should look will always differ from everyone else. Obviously I wasn't there, but this is somewhere near how the scene would look in my (often over cooked) mind. :)

Hope you don't mind.

Lavender.thumb.jpg.8cb7c839310e35e0559eb

Thanks you two..... I know what you mean Phil ...  Holding back on colour vibrancy is definitely a discipline  that isn't easy to control. It was a really flat day but the tones in that field were mostly from hidcote and munstead varieties and are really muted... However ...... I love the effect you gleaned ..by having the courage to turn up the dial ... If I'd have done it I'd be beating myself up now for  going too far!!!!   Do I mind..... ? .... I love it when a photo engages someone else enough to want to do something themselves with it ...thanks for taking the time;)  I shall have another play with the colours ... By the way ... I clone out about a  dozen Japanese tourists ..all with selfie sticks,clicking away . :pic:

Somehow I managed to miss your comments BP and Korky ! Doh sorry ... 

What a nice thing to say BP ...it's Monday here too and your comment started my day with a smile .....  And it looks like the blue hues have had the opposite effects on the laird of lancashire's demeanour too . Thank you both for your kind words... It was a picture ... As I said ...I dispatched the interlopers with a soft 30 pixel brush!!

Thanks Kev... I went back 10 days later,  last Saturday, with daughter in law and most of the lavender in this photo had been harvested. They do keep a display field of various  colours of lavender,  while the rest of the crop is  being harvested , for tourists to see but it's such a short three week window  to see it at it's very best. I think I got the timing just right to get  this image . ;)

Archived