Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The eyes have it ....

Clicker

Showing my sister in law around Ledbury last week  we stopped for tea and cakes  and as it was a glorious day we sat in the  empty but pretty tea garden discussing the merits of my  carrying a camera with me every time I left the house .... we had just been to see the Painted Room, an unplanned visit  and I was glad I had taken my camera to record  the  historic find ...( here's a link  for further info ...http://showmeengland.co.uk/ledbury/tourism/16th-century-painted-room-ledbury-herefordshire-england/)

Anyway  ... whilst sitting there and snapping away at various things that caught my fancy, three  retired gentlemen arrived, sitting at the adjacent table and after ordering their refreshments , became very animated and chatty asking me what I was photographing.... It transpires that all three were  solicitors and  ex colleagues  who had retired and were meeting up  for a convivial twice yearly reunion . I explained that I took photographs of anything that might take my fancy ... whereupon this gentleman leapt to his feet and  announced that  maybe  he might be a prospective candidate !! .:lol:

I took pics of all three and asked if they  would mind if I used any,  offering my name and email address  should they want copies ( taking  a leaf out of Fuji's book)  and they agreed . However, I would not like to take advantage of their agreement as I  feel their decison-making  had been somewhat  coloured.... possibly by the liquid refreshments that may have accompanied their earlier lunch ... That said ...this chap had  real mischief  in his eyes, almost like a naughty schoolboy  who had just played a prank on his headmaster .so I've decided to just show  that  part of him ....;)

Now  I don't know where to post this ... portrait... close up . mono...... well it 's definitely mono  so .....Chap_in_Ledbury_Tearoom4_bwcol.thumb.jpg

Just brilliant! Clicker......

Well done you for plucking up the courage to ask and then to shoot.......so close too, that is a real bonus, even if it might be a crop.

Once you have done this, it gets easier and easier, so I am looking forward to a series in due course :-))

FUJI

Aw Thanks Fooj... I quite like the idea of  posting a series of "The eyes have it " type portraits ...well, they  won't be proper portraits really will they...?;)

Oooer ...crossed in the post Judy ...   Colin Firth ... I can see the similarity too...   but that's where it ends ...  this chap hardly had a hair on his head !

Thanks Chris ... for being picky ...lol..  I've avoided too much nose as I am keeping him anonymous ... ;) Otherwise I agree ...

Oh Yes .... you 're right Judy ...silly me ...  Gosh he really looks like him around the eyes .....doh ....:lol:

Archived