Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Is Skateboarding a sport ...?

Clicker

I  couldn't decide if this should be filed under Sport  or Urban.... it's certainly not a portrait...lol

Grabbed as I walked past the  local skate park after  checking  it was ok to take some pics ... then the lad asked where it would be published !!

skateboarder_in_park_1a.thumb.jpg.a554a0

Thanks Edward .... he did fall a few times...so the implied movement was  occasionally more than he anticipated ...lol

However ....the image looks less vibrant on here till you click on it ..... then it looks exactly as it does in Photoshop where I edited it .... can't quite work out why..:ermm:

....the image looks less vibrant on here till you click on it ..... then it looks exactly as it does in Photoshop where I edited it .... can't quite work out why..:ermm:

I'm not very good with this stuff (hopeless, in fact) but sometimes I think it's to do with Photoshop showing images in sRGB and other media showing it in something else.

Standing ready to be corrected though LOL :)

Thanks Edward .... he did fall a few times...so the implied movement was  occasionally more than he anticipated ...lol

However ....the image looks less vibrant on here till you click on it ..... then it looks exactly as it does in Photoshop where I edited it .... can't quite work out why..:ermm:

I don't know if you re-uploaded, but it's looking much more vibrant today than yesterday.

Thanks Korky ... processed in CS6  from RAW... Cloned out a lampost and passing van on the bridge that was a bit distracting .

Hi Judy ... It is odd about the colour...I have no idea why it has happened.Thanks though .....and  Chris ... I haven't re uploaded  at all  so not sure why it looks better to you today ... Here's a mono version.....  should at least solve the prob about colour vibrancy ...lol :lol:

P1020579ed_3bws.thumb.jpg.25681c7aea259a

Stick with the colour, that's my preference anyway :)

The colour problem has cropped up before.
When creating thumbnails the forum software imparts some compression on the image, it does not affect the original. After the update, at the request of some members, I set the thumbnail size to 1000px. Unfortunately this meant members didn't need to view large, and therefore were not seeing the image as the poster intended. As a result thumbnails have been reduced to 700px.
If I had my way all thumbnails would be around 300-400 pixels forcing members to click to view large. I would love to do away with the thumbnails entirely but we're seeing a lot of images posted at around 2000px or more, which is way too big for viewing without the need for scrolling the screen.

Thanks for explaining that Phil....   I tend to agree with you  ... If smaller thumbnails means  everyone clicks to see the image as poster intended.... I'd find that acceptable ...hard to keep everyone happy  it seems ... I  wasn't complaining though ... just a bit baffled so thanks  for clearing that up. Cheers ..;)

I tend to agree with you  ... If smaller thumbnails means  everyone clicks to see the image as poster intended.... I'd find that acceptable ...hard to keep everyone happy  it seems ... 

I may experiment in the near future with the smaller thumbnails.
If a member isn't interested in a particular genre they tend to stay clear of that forum, so no problem there. On the other hand, if they are interested, it would be good that they are encouraged to click.

I  wasn't complaining though ... just a bit baffled so thanks  for clearing that up. Cheers ..;)

No problem, I didn't see it as a complaint :)

Archived