Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

CHEAP EXTRA LIGHTING

Occasionally a photographer may feel the need for extra light, aimed light, spot illumination or to experiment  painting with light.

Dedicated lighting can be expensive, a ring light, or extra flash for instance...but, if strapped for cash here are three ideas....similar but they all work.

I am talking about readily available and exceedingly bright LED Light, flash-lights are ten a penny now, just choose the brightest you can afford...CREE have a good name.

A Cyclist's head worn Headlamp with a USB charging cable...these are more than bright...again...CREE are a good make.

An alternative to flash-lights are the very cheap and cheerful USB Laptop lights....these can be found in Pound Stores or your local equivalent , they usually have a long, adjustable flexible neck. and are very light.

Both these and the Cycle light will plug in to a USB ..POWER PACK, available via eBay...some charged via a PC USB or even via Solar charging.

All lights can be hand held, by the photographer or an assistant....I have adjusted brackets for mine that fit on my camera flash socket...the battery pack held by elastic bands and the light aimed exactly where required.

The pic here is just one example of what can be achieved using an aimed one in a dark room.

LED Light can be very blue, so Light Balance will need adjusting in-camera or afterwards in photo Software.

Have Fun!

FUJI

EXPERIMENTAL LIGHT 1.jpg

• Like 1

It's done a good job of putting light just where you want it while keeping the background dark.

I bought some round led lights which opened to fit arount a tent pole. 

They were just a little bit too small for the DSLR Lenses but have been useful and they only cost £1 each.

I have now got a cheap ring light which flashes too which is more convenient, but it's always fun to make your own.