Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Unfinished business....

Now then Ron... Were you  awake early  or  up very late? ;)

Thank you for taking the time ... Feedback is always handy as one can get  too involved with an image,especially once you start editing and manipulating for what you hope is the picture you want to reveal. I found them from last year whilst still trying to get a filing system that is more efficient ...and at the same time deleting stuff  that maybe I shouldn't be keeping. .... A bit of a hoarder when it comes to images  ...doh 

G'mornin'  Chrissie.... Glad you like Ruby.  ... I had both printed on large canvas boards .... They sit on adjacent walls and though I was pleased with the final result  I still think I really prefer the unfinished one... Not really sure why  though ...  :lol:

Oops ...crossed in the post Judy and Fuji ...  Oh and Barbara ...

Yup ...  I had a feeling you'd be the same as me Judy...  Can't quite work out why I just prefer it... It maybe is just that simple thing that sometimes, "less is more"

Aw...thanks Fuji I'm chuffed at that... :thumbsup:

Cheers Barbara... It's sometimes the hardest thing isn't it.... Knowing when to stop!!! 

I'm a bit confused - judging from the congratulations, it looks like you actually painted the picture from a photograph? Yet your original post suggests it is a Photoshop 'painting'. Could you enlighten this BoLB?

I rather like the unfinished version, there's something about it. :) 

Hi Chris    I uses the photo to sketch the head from using find edges filter on a separate layer  then used a photoshop pencil to  get more of the detail . After that I used about twenty different brushes  and airbrushes to paint in the colours using watercolour brushes to start with and building the colour up on different layers ... it took about 36 hours all told for the headand about 18-25 layers  ...but I got a bit   impatient  doing the background so that is  not more than a few colour washes built up . Once I had finished i used the smudge  tool with various brushes and opacities to fine tune some of the detail and then add a texture filter . I use a wacom tablet all the time for editing and painting so it feels jut like it does holding a paintbrush  I  even use it  just surfing the net...lol

Hope that  explains it Chris ... here is a quick sketch I have just done in PS to show the process ...

Ruby_Sketch_ed1.thumb.jpg.67554bff7e439c

I'm a bit confused - judging from the congratulations, it looks like you actually painted the picture from a photograph? Yet your original post suggests it is a Photoshop 'painting'. Could you enlighten this BoLB?

I rather like the unfinished version, there's something about it. :) 

Hi, Chris,

its called Digital Art, it is literally painting or drawing done using nothing but the Digital pencils, pens and paints available in Photoshop, Photopaint or other Photo Software.......some folks, like Clicker use a software faded out photograph as a sketch or initial guide, just like any other artist would.....others, like myself prefer to paint or draw directly on to a blank page.....like my example here, done using the PROCREATE graphics app on my iPad.

Just as film photography has moved over to Digital, so has Art and Graphics.....many well known contemporary artists use Digital media now, as do Cartoonists and Illustrators.......the digital paints, brushes, pencils, pens, crayons and the chosen digital paper worked on are all extremely realistic.....the advantages are.......No mess, No erasers, No cleaning up , no paints to go hard, work can be saved and edited at will and printed to almost any size from postage stamp to over A3......

FUJI

Have a go, it is really relaxing.

FUJI

image.jpg

Hi, Chris,

its called Digital Art, it is literally painting or drawing done using nothing but the Digital pencils, pens and paints available in Photoshop, Photopaint or other Photo Software.......some folks, like Clicker use a software faded out photograph as a sketch or initial guide, just like any other artist would.....others, like myself prefer to paint or draw directly on to a blank page.....like my example here, done using the PROCREATE graphics app on my iPad.

Just as film photography has moved over to Digital, so has Art and Graphics.....many well known contemporary artists use Digital media now, as do Cartoonists and Illustrators.......the digital paints, brushes, pencils, pens, crayons and the chosen digital paper worked on are all extremely realistic.....the advantages are.......No mess, No erasers, No cleaning up , no paints to go hard, work can be saved and edited at will and printed to almost any size from postage stamp to over A3......

FUJI

Have a go, it is really relaxing.

FUJI

​I do paint  without using photographs Fuji but as this is a photography based  forum I thought it pertinent maybe to stick to something that had a photograph somewhere in it's history before manipulation   ...For me the two skills of painting  and photography are inextricably linked ...and as Judy once said ... the only thing I really miss is the smell of the paint !!;):lol:... oh and the expense of replacing paints and brushes continually ....

We love our Wacoms don't we Judy...;)

Archived