Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Love on the street...

Korky

I first posted this in a monthly compo and monthly compos being what they are it didn't get comment.

So I thought I'd post it again - to be honest, I've never been sure that it works as a piece of street photography, so comment would be appreciated.

Korky

A fantastic bit of Street Photography.

A Triptych of characters, none of them interacting in any way.....the viewer can observe but can do nothing because that moment has long gone.

Perhaps if the guy with the sign was a TRUE Christian, he would have put it down then walked alongside the other to buy him a meal and or shelter?

The lady is lost in her own thoughts..........did the photographer put his hand in his pocket?

Methinks this was taken during KORKY'S American Adventure........Yes?

FUJI

In reference to the last comment:

The trouble is that you can't define between the people who live on the streets.

We have them in our town and many are feeding drink or drug habits, and spend whatever they save by not buying meals on habits that will eventually kill them if they keep up with it.

It's a sad world but I would rather put money into cancer research etc. where people can't help their illnesse's.

I'm so glad this has prompted a little debate.

Yes, it was taken in America - downtown San Francisco. One of those very quick grab shots that was more luck than good judgement.

I've got to admit that the photographer didn't put his hand in his pocket on this occasion, but he does in many other instances.

Thank you for the comments, chums.

Korky

Your quick grab shot certainly paid off. It has certainly been the subject for a debate, hasn't it?

A good debate is good, and your picture has certainly shown real life as it is today.

I too will put my hand in my pocket, but mainly for childrens charity's, animal charity/rescue or for research.

It is well known here that a lot of the people asking for money actually do have somewhere to live and money coming in, and that they do it for extra cash to spend on what they like.

One of them told my friend that they sometimes borrow a dog to gain the publics sympathy.

I think this is very sad as there are some people out there who are genuinely homeless through no fault of their own and don't do drugs or drink, but most of the people that I see are either drunk or high.

It's an excellent pic which I think would be a good one to gain awareness.

i like this, the sign jesus loves you seems somewhat ironic when you view the man in the foreground. Jesus clearly hasnt been kind to him.

As fuji says the man with the sign if he was a true christian, you would think would have done something to help the homeless mans plight

The lady in the background looks as though she may be islamic or muslim, hence the sign could be offensive to her ?

Very interesting image, makes me think about the melting pot of life.. the different religions, outlooks, circumstances that we as human beings live with.

• 4 weeks later...

I first posted this in a monthly compo and monthly compos being what they are it didn't get comment.

Korky

not sure why it didn't get any comments, composition wise its far from perfect but that's street photography for you and it has a lot more going for it content wise than some I've seen.

Archived