Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Brimham Rocks?

No, not a knock off copy of the classic film Brighton Rocks, but the ones out in Yorkshire, just wondering if anyone has been (I did try a search)? I've been thinking of going and couldn't decide if sunrise or sunset might be the best time. I know it's often a case of pot luck when dealing with outdoor locations and you can often get dramatic light and cloud at any point of the day.

Like Chris I haven't been for many years, but I do remember it very well, stunning place.

Being central in the country I wouldn't have thought there'd be too much difference between sunrise and sunset, I guess it depends on whether you're an early riser or not :)

I'm not an early bird, more of a night owl - but I'm prepared to make sacrifices... Though I could kill two birds with one stone and watch the sunset and stay awake for the sunrise, mid summer it's not hard to do.

Yes. I've seen those Google pictures too, they all look great, hence my reason for asking, they all looked to good to be true. Often you get to places and you've got flat grey light - but hey, it's one of those things, and it never looks like it does. Then again, from my own persnal experiences of my local area, you can get wildy differing images of the same place at different times of day, during the year and under different light.

I remeber last year going to Brough Castle, Brougham and Kendal Castles, it was a lovely day, but when I got to Keswick to go to Castlerigg Stone Circle, the clouds were rolling in over the hills and the light was terrible for photographs.

Thanks for the input.

Been a few years since I've visited - well worth it so make the effort - and it was very early in the morning to get the low sun and lack of people in the shots.

Take the widest lens you have as many of the rock structures are fairly tightly packed together and think about your angles as shooting low/high can have a dramatic affect of the images.

Brimham_Rocks_New_1.thumb.jpg.eda1425009

Brimham_New_2.thumb.jpg.d03c62a0e8090366