Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

NIce views

Leon

My preference:
From a purely scenic point of view I think I would prefer a little less sky and more FG, sky filling just the top third. As it stands there is a distinct lack of interest in the BG, nothing that PP can't resolve, but that's a different subject.

Leon nice pic but the bright sky has caused the foreground to be underexposed and dull looking. Once again the highlight and shadow tool in photoshop will fix most of it, add a little clarity and vibrance and it will be much improved. On this I cloned sky on parts that had blown out to pure white you may not have to do that on the full size image especially if you shot raw.

views_copy.thumb.jpg.28ef35715a0ad5db946ff77ccb917275edit.jpg

Leon nice pic but the bright sky has caused the foreground to be underexposed and dull looking. Once again the highlight and shadow tool in photoshop will fix most of it, add a little clarity and vibrance and it will be much improved. On this I cloned sky on parts that had blown out to pure white you may not have to do that on the full size image especially if you shot raw.

​I see what you are saying but it looks like a fake HDR now, I like them when they look "natural" even if they have been edited.. this particular post was more about composition... thanks for taking time to have a go :)

As it stands the heavy dark top of sky and dark foreground pulls the eye straight to the blown highlights. It is a bland landscape but I might crop off the left and top and bring the foreground up and more prominent. But the picture does need some PP to get the best out of it. 

Leonedit.thumb.jpg.d05adcd0f7db0c6244394

Editing the shots levels etc doesn't alter or help the composition.

When you are about to take a picture I feel it is helpful to stop for a few second and think very carefully about exactly what you are actually taking a picture of.
Is it just a record of the scene - in which case this shot and many others do work.
Are you trying to photograph a particular feature - in which case make it a major feature in the composition and pay attention to the things around it to see how they affect the balance of the shot.

Had I been walking with you Leon I would probably have moved lower down and closer to the stream to make it and the rocks more prominent. Getting closer would have made it larger in the foreground and also a more significant element.  I would still have used the dip in the land and still had it leading to the distant hills but it would have altered their relationships.

Difficult to show but this is kind of what I mean - not ideal but you get the idea.

Bigger_River.thumb.jpg.dad54661fadba3b69

I would have actually made it even more prominent, possibly even got in the middle of it and used a slightly wider lens to make the dip draw the eye both down into the stream and frame the distant hills.

Editing the shots levels etc doesn't alter or help the composition.

When you are about to take a picture I feel it is helpful to stop for a few second and think very carefully about exactly what you are actually taking a picture of.
Is it just a record of the scene - in which case this shot and many others do work.
Are you trying to photograph a particular feature - in which case make it a major feature in the composition and pay attention to the things around it to see how they affect the balance of the shot.

Had I been walking with you Leon I would probably have moved lower down and closer to the stream to make it and the rocks more prominent. Getting closer would have made it larger in the foreground and also a more significant element.  I would still have used the dip in the land and still had it leading to the distant hills but it would have altered their relationships.

Difficult to show but this is kind of what I mean - not ideal but you get the idea.

Bigger_River.thumb.jpg.dad54661fadba3b69

I would have actually made it even more prominent, possibly even got in the middle of it and used a slightly wider lens to make the dip draw the eye both down into the stream and frame the distant hills.

that crop works better..

I get what your saying.... and I do like your crop.

I think it's a good scene, though as others have said the FG is a bit dark.

I've had a brief go in Elements - increased FG levels, added a bit of drama between the dark line of distant hill and sunlit splash in the middle, and cropped the left a bit.

Leon's landscape.jpg

Archived