Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

BIRMAN or not?

FUJI

Our old Moggie is circa 20 years old, we don't know for certain because she was a rescue cat, neglected after being brought to the UK from South Africa; she was a young adult then....wev'e had her for 17 years.

What we have never known, is if she is a pedigree Birman or a mix of Birman and Tortoiseshell?....I think is was Clicker who bred Birmans? .....and ideas please?

She moults like crazy at this time of year, so cream fur everywhere....thank goodness for modern Vacs....................She has just begun to use the Curved Brush Arch we bought her; as ancient as she is, she still loves to play with a bead hanging from it on a length of string.....she also chases a laser light around:

Sleeps for most of the time nowadays though ;-)

FUJI

TINKE circa 20 years old.jpg

Birmans are very similar to colourpoints (which I used to breed, both long and short hair) with longer noses, blue eyes and four white socks.  Does your girl have these?

I would guess, judging from your photograph, that she is probably a breed called a snowshoe, which are simlilar to British shorthairs with Siamese markings and the splodge on the nose. An easy-going, friendly breed. (Try googling for some pictures and you will see what I mean.  Yours has a touch of tortoiseshell going by the pretty nose markings.

She is a very beautiful cat and she looks very good for her age.  She obviously thrives on the love you give her  :-)

Birmans are very similar to colourpoints (which I used to breed, both long and short hair) with longer noses, blue eyes and four white socks.  Does your girl have these?

I would guess, judging from your photograph, that she is probably a breed called a snowshoe, which are simlilar to British shorthairs with Siamese markings and the splodge on the nose. An easy-going, friendly breed. (Try googling for some pictures and you will see what I mean.  Yours has a touch of tortoiseshell going by the pretty nose markings.

She is a very beautiful cat and she looks very good for her age.  She obviously thrives on the love you give her  :-)

I think you might be right VW.

FUJI

Occasionally I am, Fuji - but only very very occasionally!  lol

So forthwith, you must stop calling her an old moggy, and address her as Your Ladyship, whilst tugging your forelock!

She is lovely and I'm now wondering how to persuade you to swap a very naughty well-haved Siamese kitten for your elegant cat. 

We're already avoiding walking along one road near my flat on account of the temper tantrum following me refusing to let him bring a dead mouse home that he found on the pavement!  And as of yesterday, we're avoiding the other road as well, following another incident where he was equally insistent that he wanted to sit in the garden of a ginger tomcat who thought it was HIS garden.  After a lot of shouting and swearing at each other, and a bit of fisticuffs (not serious), my boy was most annoyed to be yanked off by his lead,and then had to be carried, struggling, up the hill, bellowing that if I'd just put him down, he'd jolly well go back and show that ginger cat whose garden it was!

We'll soon be going out for walks with paper bags over our heads .......  :-)

Baz-mouse_0673s.jpg

Baz_ginger0690s.jpg

Guest Ron

Well you have taught me something VW, I never knew that you can walk a cat.

I would have thought cats to be "too laid back and into doing their own thing" to have the discipline of walking on a lead, but obviously not.

Ron 

Ron - I moved a year or so back into a flat near a busy road.  Having had two cats run over in the past (not here), I'd be too scared to let him out on his own - he's full of mischief and would bound to get into some sort of trouble.  So from being about four months old, he's had a jacket, then after he got used to it, attached his lead.  Once Spring arrived, and pigeons and little birds around, he likes going out.  So he's quite used to it now.

It's not quite like walking a dog! We spend lots of time sniffing hedge bottoms or observing birds in trees (him, not me) and a small amount of time actually walking.  I bet all my neighbours probably suspect me of casing their joints, as they just see me loitering and the boy is hidden under the hedge somewhere!  :-)

Guest Ron

Ron - I moved a year or so back into a flat near a busy road.  Having had two cats run over in the past (not here), I'd be too scared to let him out on his own - he's full of mischief and would bound to get into some sort of trouble.  So from being about four months old, he's had a jacket, then after he got used to it, attached his lead.  Once Spring arrived, and pigeons and little birds around, he likes going out.  So he's quite used to it now.

It's not quite like walking a dog! We spend lots of time sniffing hedge bottoms or observing birds in trees (him, not me) and a small amount of time actually walking.  I bet all my neighbours probably suspect me of casing their joints, as they just see me loitering and the boy is hidden under the hedge somewhere!  :-)

​Good idea VW, cats and busy roads dont mix I know from experience.

Love his jacket and he looks to have some bravado for his age he was squaring up to that ginger tom.  

Sorry FUJI better get back to your thread.

Ron

Archived