Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Miniature Train..

Ok, maybe it isn't.

Another one I tried using the tiltshiftmaker website.. I have to say I really like this effect and how by reducing the dof makes it look like it's smaller. I'm not sure how it works, but I'm a sucker for optical illusions. Anyway on to the picture.

A train at the station:

train-6965.thumb.jpg.8aa50b6de53f2d51374

You've done it well, but for some reason, the optical illusion doesn't seem to work as well as the Nidd one.  I think it may be that shots from a higher viewpoint make the 'toy effect' more convincing, i.e. like looking down on a model railway? Here you're a bit too close to the action and too near the same horizontal plane. Just a thought.

Thanks Chris, yes, it's not as effective closer and from a lower perspective. Still it's an interesting little effect, one that I had to play with. It still fascinates me as an ilusion.

If I was doing this in Photoshop (easy enough - don't know why it needs a special website!) I'd have the front of the train and the railings to the right, sharp and in focus. After all, if it really was a model, care would be taken to focus carefully on those points. Also, if you think about it, having part of a vertical plane - the bottom of the front of the train - well out of focus while the rest of that plane is sharply IN focus, is physically impossible don't you think? 

Ah - I agree with you then. Also, as you say, it can be done in PS and, probably, Elements and  other progs that have lens corrections and other similar adjustments

​You don't even need that. Just the simplest selection tools, a massive amount of 'feather', and Gaussian blur.

​You don't even need that. Just the simplest selection tools, a massive amount of 'feather', and Gaussian blur.

And its also ​worth checking your camera even my 'old' D7000 has a miniature function - although I have never used it myself like Chris I prefer the flexibility of photoshop. Nice picture though and the miniature effect does make what might otherwise be a less interesting picture.

Any chance of working on it a bit more so that the people are much smaller - more a  process  rather than a  C

​On this particular image probably not, that was the full image

​Actually that is a good point, and one that I hadn't thought of, I shall have to try that and see what effect it produces.

I did try a version with the bottom of the train in focus, but it did lose some of the miniature effect, but hey it was something I found by accident and it led to olivo barbieri and some of his wonderful shots. So not a wasted day, plus you've all addded so much else.

Archived