Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Day Four - Grange to Castle Crag

Black Pearl

We have been weather app, weather site and weather channel hopping all week to try and pick the right day to make the two and half hour drive to Cumbria to go walking in the fells.....I'm glad to say we hit the nail on the head. Blue skies all day, lovely and warm without being uncomfortably hot and not too much haze. The wife and I were shattered, the boys didn't seem to be affected in the slightest while the dog thought all his birthdays had come at once. I only took the K30 and 18-55mm, mostly to keep the weight down but also to stop me taking too long taking pictures and not just enjoying a day out as a family.

A mix of shots from the day...

A view of our goal.

Heading up the valley.

A photo stop and a bit of a rest.

Half way up - Tic-Tac time for Thomas and a bit of cairn building for Dylan.

Looking back up Borrowdale towards Derwent Water and Keswick. Grange is in the foreground.

There's a ruddy great big drop behind him but I still got a smile.

Really is a pretty place The Lakes.

It's a few years since I stopped off there  but it still looks  a great place  to walk and enjoy the things that money just can't buy .. Lovely set BP... Bet you all could eat a horse after all that  walking. :)

It's a few years since I stopped off there  but it still looks  a great place  to walk and enjoy the things that money just can't buy .. Lovely set BP... Bet you all could eat a horse after all that  walking. :)

There was a market on in Keswick so we got some local lamb and proper black pudding - stuffed ourselves silly once we got home and the boys even slept in a bit this morning. 

There was a market on in Keswick so we got some local lamb and proper black pudding - stuffed ourselves silly once we got home and the boys even slept in a bit this morning.

Well ... Probably just as well it was Lamb BP .... Reckon we'd have all been on a sticky wicket if you HAD said it was gee gee ! That sounds like proper black pudding tho' . I only have that when I venture back up north... I'm t 'only one that likes it in my family .... Tut !

Well ... Probably just as well it was Lamb BP .... Reckon we'd have all been on a sticky wicket if you HAD said it was gee gee ! That sounds like proper black pudding tho' . I only have that when I venture back up north... I'm t 'only that likes it in my family .... Tut !

Goes misty-eyed remembering a PROPER fry up:

Egg, bacon, black pudding, kidneys, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried bread, maybe a touch of belly of pork (NOT pork belly!!)

Goes misty-eyed remembering a PROPER fry up:

Egg, bacon, black pudding, kidneys, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried bread, maybe a touch of belly of pork (NOT pork belly!!)

Those were the days Chris ....when we counted the number bacon rashers and eggs...and not the calories... yeah well... maybe  all that fell walking is a help for some people ! ;)

How are those boots holding up, BP?

Not too bad though for this walk I reverted to my Berghaus boots as I know they are reliable. The new MountainWarehouse boots have good grip, they are waterproof and feel reasonably comfortable but I'd prefer them to have a more solid sole as you can feel stones and such like through the front section. Not digging in as such but you can tell they aren't rigid. Also the construction isn't as form fitting or supportive as a more expensive boot which is a little disconcerting. The Berghaus boots (which weren't madly expensive) feel like they are designed through experience, wrapping around your foot, cushioning again't rough ground while still being flexible and just feeling better. My The North Face boots which I took a picture of to win the new ones had the same reassuring feel and I've had Merrell's in the past that are the same. I'm not talking about boots that cost hundreds and hundreds, just around the £100-£150 mark but it does seem the little extra is worth it. These MW ones might last years and be fantastic but you get they are made to a cost not to a performance.

Archived