Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Steam Trains at Rawtenstall

Ryewolf

I decided to go and watch the steam trains at Rawtenstall for an hour or so. The weather was pretty grey and drizzly, but at least the rain held off.

#1 WD75008 Swiftsure

wd75008-swiftsure-8332-bw.jpg

#2 WD132 Sapper

wd132-sapper-8387.jpg

#3 WD132 Sapper

wd132-sapper-8413.jpg

Thanks JHF and Chris. I hadn't thought about the chimney - it's such a dominant part of the sky line it's hard to avoid. I actually did get a closer shot of the train ariving where the smoke covers it. I did have to scarifice the lamposts on the platform and the sense of curve in the track.... but here it is... again a mono version

wd75008-swiftsure-8334-bw.jpg

Thanks JHF and Chris. I hadn't thought about the chimney - it's such a dominant part of the sky line it's hard to avoid. I actually did get a closer shot of the train ariving where the smoke covers it. I did have to scarifice the lamposts on the platform and the sense of curve in the track.... but here it is... again a mono version

Easy enough to clone out the top of it, i.e. above the smoke plume.

Thanks for the comments, I probably could have used the smoke in the last image and cloned it over the top. I never thought of that or maybe have cropped the top off...

Anyway some more from the East Lancs Railway, this time taken at Ramsbottom. (They do a 1940's weekend every year - this year it's the 23rd-25th May)

# 1 Loco 13065 at Ramsbottom Station

loco-13065-7855.jpg

# 2 Loco 13065 Leaving Ramsbottom Station for Rawtenstall

loco-13065-7871.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived