Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

My last Animal portrait

pauln

It is with regret that I have to make this my last portrait. The zoo where I do these have stated they will not allow me to take these for commercial use if I do, they want half of the money even though they have used images of mine to promote themselves for FREE!!!. I'm a bit upset about it but as they say, onwards and upwards.

post-950-0-67738400-1426936713.jpeg

That's sad. I think we will all miss seeing what animal shots you will come up with next.
It's not costing them anything and as you say, they have had your photo's and used them without paying anything.
I would have thought that they would have been glad to have you take pictures to show how healthy the animals are.

Hi, Paul,

So sorry to learn of this development......but, throughout the whole of my life, I have discovered that instances like this usually have ..Silver Linings......

No! Not an old farts sentiment....but a voice of experience, things like this can be great self motivators to push you onwards and upwards.....just take the time to think things through......don't hold grudges.

Hang on to the valuable experiences and skills learned there, then transfer those skills to new pastures.....

As I said, I can see you being a top .....Animal Photographer/Portaitist.......and there are more animals outside zoos than in.

Even in our small town there seems to be three dogs to every human, the same ratio must apply to cats, never mind other pets....there is Huge potential.......Do what I do, in the first instance, take a camera everywhere, but instead of Street Photography, concentrate on dogs........the word will soon spread if you use your unique processing techniques.

The farming fraternity, take breeding very seriously, I can just envisage, superb Pauln portraits of prize Bulls, Rams and Pigs etc....

Don't forget the Horsey brigade, they are obsessed with their mounts, riding stables are ten a penny around us, all have huge followings.......Racing Stables might be lucrative too.

The World is your oyster mate.......just go for it......don't let life's little set-backs grind you down.

That zoo, might regret turning you away, one day.

More power to your elbow......I say.

FUJI

Thank you both, you are right Fuji, this could well be the start of a new chapter. I will be concentrating on my wildlife photography more and I quite like your idea of prize bulls and the like. I have an image in my head already. I'm grateful for the time I had at the zoo but I will not be going back there, it's not worth the hassle. I don't know if I mentioned this or not but I received an email from a researcher working for the one show on the BBC, I was going to cover the eclipse but sadly the weather let me down and I couldn't in the end so I was cancelled. Maybe one day I'll find my niche, I was also very lucky to receive some 1 to 1 critique from Canon's newest explorer Simeon Quarrie which was amazing :)

I am  sorry to hear the response  of the Zoo regarding your Portraits Paul  ... It seems very shortsighted of them in my opinion . .... I used to breed and show Pedigree Birmans and Chinchilla cats FOR  30 years and I can tell you that there is a cat show somewhere in the UK  every weekend practically and I know is  the cat owners are always queuing up to have portraits done there and then after the judging  has finished ... usually by midday.

I think Essex cat club have their Championship show in Kent in  first week in April ( Yes the shows for a county club are held all over the  country  to allow members from far and wide to have better access)

I have sent you a message with some info ....

Cheers

Clicker

Thank you, I don't know what to make of it really, I did originally offer to donate to them in exchange for putting some of my work in their shop but they said no, I give money every time I go there but they were fine with it for nearly 12 months then all of a sudden changed their mind. I'll take a look at your message now. Thank you :)

Archived