Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

£30,000

Paul

This statue, by Derbyshire artist Denis O’Connor, is dedicated to the people who built the canals, is situated at the Ribble Link where the new canal leading to the River Ribble joins the old Lancaster Canal at Cottam, near Preston. It's a newly designed statue to replace the Gauging the Ripple statue, and believe it or not, this cost £30,000.

post-784-0-80911700-1404336578.jpg

post-784-0-94116800-1404336601.jpg

post-784-0-31319700-1404336625.jpg

post-784-0-21293800-1404336649.jpg

post-784-0-89493700-1404336664.jpg

Paul.

I like it, because, is is in memorial to all those thousands of Navvies and labourers who built the canal network without the aid of modern machinery, safety rules, protective clothing, health care, or a decent living wage.

At least itrepresents CLEARLY exactly what it is, not like the £20,000 floating stone ball, that appeared in our shopping area a few years ago.

This one has been beautifully designed and executed, and should mellow with age.

FUJI

Janis Joplin summed it all up for me.

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone
They paved paradise 
And put up a parking lot

I'd love to see your photos, Paul, with the sculpture Photoshopped out. Especially #5. Cracking shot. Just as I remember the canals by my brother's place around Romsley. I suppose that's why I get stroppy when I see a beautiful memory spoiled. No disrespect meant to the Navvies who dug them.

ps. It looks a bit like the figure in #1 is performing the same function as the Giant in your follow up photo.

pps. I hate Vegemite with a passion, but there isn't a true Aussie alive who wasn't brought up on the stuff! 

Janis Joplin summed it all up for me.

Don't it always seem to go

That you don't know what you've got til its gone

They paved paradise 

And put up a parking lot

Don't tell Joni Mitchell it was Janis Joplin, whatever you do! 

Archived