I picked up a FED-4 a couple of weeks back and have been using it on the X-T1 as a wander around outfit with a couple of other vintage lenses. These are from a walk around Sunderland on Saturday morning before work.

Set the camera to mono, jpeg, sent them to the phone via Wi-Fi and edited them in Lr Mobile. These have been resized using Ps back on the Mac but no further tweakery.

Industar 1.jpg Industar 2.jpg

Industar_3.jpg

Looks like the markets have seen better days.

Presumably the lens is an Industar-61. Did you actually buy the whole system, or just the lens?

Number 1 works best for me - it has a great documentary feel and paints a bit of a bleak picture.

Korky

• Like 1

number 3 reminds me of a vivian maier image.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesT said:

Looks like the markets have seen better days.

Presumably the lens is an Industar-61. Did you actually buy the whole system, or just the lens?

Yep thats the one - bought the camera and the lens - just for the lens as its one I don't have.

4 hours ago, Korky said:

Number 1 works best for me - it has a great documentary feel and paints a bit of a bleak picture.

Korky

Thats sunderland in a nutshell mate

Just now, Black Pearl said:

Yep thats the one - bought the camera and the lens - just for the lens as its one I don't have.

Thank you, quite a compliment.......well I'm taking it as one.

18 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

I'm sure you can guess what comes next. Have you thought of running a film through the camera? You never know you, might enjoy it.

Just by chance this was posted on 35MMC today: https://www.35mmc.com/08/10/2018/5-frames-fed-4-russian-rangefinder-julian-higgs/

1 hour ago, JamesT said:

I'm sure you can guess what comes next. Have you thought of running a film through the camera? You never know you, might enjoy it.

Just by chance this was posted on 35MMC today: https://www.35mmc.com/08/10/2018/5-frames-fed-4-russian-rangefinder-julian-higgs/

I need to finish the Tri-X currently loaded in my Contax 167 before I get round to putting a roll in one of my other film cameras.....but to be honest I worked the urge to shoot film out of my system 15 years ago