Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
Sign in to follow this  
Kobione

Another firewood day.....

Headed off this morning for our sixth trip of this season - and why not when the weather looks like this - perfect, and not too hot:

P1000720a_zps2lhznrz8.jpg

Passed a bit of 'road art' on the way - this was created as a tribute to Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones, and there is a geo-cache there, which we have done:

P1000721a.thumb.jpg.7b20e4a6e89d650357f355301954c783.jpg

Into our designated firewood collection area. Sorry not very good focus, it was a bit bumpy:

P1000722a_zpsn4ssqhuc.jpg

Nothing special in the flora - just the usual subjects doing their best to hang in there after our harsh Summer:

P1000724a_zpsarcnrumq.jpg

P1000727a_zpsmud6klky.jpg

P1000736a_zps9ezavoey.jpg

We take a 'half way break', which consists of this - and, you'll notice K&B get a treat too!:

P1000738a_zpsfzkialjs.jpg

The girls absolutely love this activity and are constantly 'on watch':

P1000744a_zpszhqyrd6r.jpg

P1000741a_zps8tnsq52r.jpg

No wonder they like this area - look at the track sign, we came off Dog Leg Track, on to Little Bulldog track!:

P1000749a_zpsmtzbi3na.jpgHe

Heading home we can see how dry everywhere looks:

P1000751a_zpsihgv07ge.jpg

This is what we have collected so far, a triple layer pile, about 6 tons in six visits:

P1000753a_zpsnae7ldqw.jpg

And this is what we like - a nice mix of woods, Ironbark and Yellow Box today:

P1000754a_zpsuszpudza.jpg

Guess when our cooler weather does arrive we will happily be 'logon on' all Winter!

• Like 1

You have been busy again Dee.  That tongue on the tree is unusual.  

• Like 1

Lovely pictures, I am very envious of your weather! 

Thank you Kev, Jacqui & Rick - have not been able to reply due to our many hours of power outage. We have been out again and got even more wood - do it while you can is our motto!

Jacqui, the guy who does these weird 'road art' things is very clever, and they always have a fun element, either in the title, or representation of some specific thing, and we always enjoy seeing them.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 20:25, Rick448 said:

Lovely pictures, I am very envious of your weather! 

Rick, this is what it looked like yesterday, but very welcome - we got a whole 9ml of rain! We only need another 100ml to bring us up to what we normally average by now:

P1000768a.thumb.jpg.c002eed4e76e04fe9effb686add0b962.jpg

• Like 1

A lovely interesting set, Dee, and of course my favourites have to be of the girls. 💕

• Like 1

A great little slice of life in Oz - I just love the tree with the tongue!

Korky

• Like 1