Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Birmingham City Centre, now and then

Stravinsky

Birmingham, taken from the same spot at the top of the Rag market car park in around 1975 with a Zenith EM (I think) and June 2017 with a Canon 5Diii

The only difference was I had to take the shot from wherever there was a gap in the wire grid fencing that has been put up there sadly to stop people jumping 

Birmingham-1C---web19780002.jpg

Bullring432A4639website.jpg

1 hour ago, THELONGMAN said:

Thats an interesting comparison, and I have to say what an underrated camera the Zenith was back then, I wonder what they would produce today in digital?

A lot of the Soviet-era cameras were copies or evolutions of the high-end German models from Leica and Zeiss, as a result you have most of the know-how at a fraction of the price. 

12 hours ago, JamesT said:

I thought the Rotunda was "for the chop" when I left Birmingham about 10 years ago.  Did it get saved at the last minute or is it just awaiting the dynamite?

They wouldnt dare remove that! :6_smile:  they were happy enough to knock down buildings like the old library and Snow Hill, but the Rotunda would be a demolition too far.   It's been renovated and is now apartments

12 hours ago, JamesT said:

A lot of the Soviet-era cameras were copies or evolutions of the high-end German models from Leica and Zeiss, as a result you have most of the know-how at a fraction of the price. 

I had a Yashica,, which was a good camera for the money, the went on to Canon.

2 minutes ago, THELONGMAN said:

I had a Yashica,, which was a good camera for the money, the went on to Canon.

I had a Practika, then a Pentax ME Super before moving on to Canon.  Ive regressed as I have a Franka Solida in my camera cupboard waiting for me to pluck up the courage to use it 

_MG_9616W.jpg

50 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

I had a Practika, then a Pentax ME Super before moving on to Canon.  Ive regressed as I have a Franka Solida in my camera cupboard waiting for me to pluck up the courage to use it 

_MG_9616W.jpg

This was my first camera and I've still got most of the negs.

SK3A7502 w.jpg

6 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

Ive regressed as I have a Franka Solida in my camera cupboard waiting for me to pluck up the courage to use it 

There's  a Moskva 5 in the post between the Ukraine & the UK with my address on it right now.

Archived