Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Topaz Studio

Discovered a new piece of editing software which I believe is on general release in June, Topaz Studio. It looks ok, but.........

A good point is that the application itself is free. It packs with 10 image adjustment tools at no cost. More "advanced" tools are available at a cost. As ever with Topaz, I would never buy at full price, discounts are a regular thing, particularly if you already have 1 or 2 plugins.

It feels a bit clunky (probably because of unfamiliarity) but there are similarities with the Topaz plugins. This is where it may become beneficial to Topaz fans. The current suite of plugins can all be accessed nicely through the app. Topaz claim the software will be an ongoing development. I use all of the Topaz plugins but I won't be cancelling my PS CC subscription at this moment in time although I am a BIG Topaz plugin fan.

I don't think this will be everyone's  cup of tea, but I thought I would share. What it means for Topaz fans is that there is no longer a total reliance on subscription based software etc to run your favourite plugins. 

How good is this software? I will soon find out.  

34962133405_380362b5e3_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It certainly looks to be worth a download. It would seem that Google making the Nik software free has given Topaz a bit of a boot up the pants, hence this being a partial freebie.

I shall look forward to exploring its capabilities, but I do hope it isn't filled with nags for me to buy the upgrades.

Korky

I got a big discount on the extras so I spent the money.  One thing that is really lacking is a function like PS content aware fill.  I think this might come later as Topaz add to the capabilities.   I am a big Topaz plugin fan and these work nicely in the software.   I think it has to go some distance yet before I would think about cancelling my ps cc subscription.  

Will Topaz nag you? I don't think you will get too many nags but their usual style is to send the odd email with discounts.  Sometimes the discounts are big and really  make it worth thinking about.  

At this point in time Topaz plugins  and PS CC are my choice.   I think Topaz are tapping into a market that will allow people to use their  plugins without outlay on host software such as PS CC.  

One big thing in the Topaz / NIK debate is the fact that Topaz software is in development, NIK is at the end of it's road.   

• 1 month later...

It has not replaced PS CC for me yet JH. :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

I have not been overly praising about it. But, to be fair, I need to give it time. Its easy to put down a piece of software without really knowing how to use it. I think what I might do is use Topaz Studio exclusively for the one a day starting from next Monday for a whole week. No dipping into PS CC. That will force me to learn how to to use it.

Studio is actually a free download with 10 adjustment tools. Its what is called the "pro-pack" that will cost you. 

I just started messing around with Topaz Studio to see what effects were available for my original image. I have decided I am getting into Topaz Studio. The edits were all from the loads of presets and using Topaz plugins.  I think I am starting to like it. Plenty of potential still unexplored.

Original

35496255470_0bc1536f86_b.jpg

Edit 1

35859616976_e082cd870e_b.jpg

Edit 2

35859621476_61a0c5a8c1_b.jpg

Edit 3

35730869572_cfe497a434_b.jpg

Edit 4

35768918231_d70a7495d6_b.jpg

Edit 5

35859625016_dcc9cd0b2a_b.jpg

Edit 6

35730874482_0a00b362ee_b.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have the Topaz plugins, Detail,Clarity and Adjust.  I am having the 30 day trial on B&W Effects, but the thing that really bugged me was, I could not register at all for Topaz Studio, and in the end I gave up as it was very strange that it would not let me register.  So I just have the plugins in both LR 6 and PSE15.

I had the same problem David.  It really was annoying.  I cannot remember what I did now but you have to go to a separate site for Studio.  The instruction was dire.  I sent an email to Topaz for help and cracked it.   

That said, now I have it I have started to use Studio seriously in the past few months. It is a steep learning curve but I can access Studio and all plugins outside of a host programme like Photoshop.  

I was actually thinking last night of working all images totally through Studio for a period of time to see how I get on.   I am actually thinking of ditching photoshop subscriptions now as I use it less and less.   As I learn more about Studio I have to say I am starting to appreciate that it is seriously good.  

12 minutes ago, kev7d said:

Here is where I got it from:

https://web.topazlabs.com/downloads

When I logged out I just got that same one up, and it downloaded, but this time I registered using my Yahoo account and YES it came up and with my Topaz plugins too.  Thanks very much for the help Kev, as now I can really look forward to giving Studio a good try :1_grinning:

• Like 1