Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A few birds from todays walk

JHFoto

I'm busy acquainting myself with the new camera JHFoto... phew .. lots to read on the manual on the cd ....As someone once said ..," I may be gone some time"  and all this because you posted  a stunning set of birds ...You have a lot to answer for  ;)

The Panasonic manuals are really really awful - confusing to read, and poorly arranged and laid out.

I bought a manual for my Panny (Kindle version) by Alexander White. Much much much much better. I wonder if he also did one for the FZ1000?

Hi JHFoto... The set of pics you posted on here are probably what confirmed my decision to buy... Can I ask if you used a tripod when taking them ? Have you tried the Panasonic app with your camera too ? The assistant in the store where I bought it has this camera and said that he sets it up in his garden and uses the app on his smart phone to zoom in and remotely take pics of birds feeding from inside his house. Now that sounds interesting....

All hand held but try to use a fast shutter speed just in case the little blighter moves................:)

Have you tried the Panasonic app with your camera too ? The assistant in the store where I bought it has this camera and said that he sets it up in his garden and uses the app on his smart phone to zoom in and remotely take pics of birds feeding from inside his house. Now that sounds interesting....

I'm told I could do the same with my new Panny, but not owning a smartphone, I can't go in for that sadly.

The possibilities are endless Chris aren't they...putting the camera in places where if you were there it would deter  wild life and  remotely zooming in and taking pics ...Mind you  one would have to be sure  the equipment was safe ....at that price 

All hand held but try to use a fast shutter speed just in case the little blighter moves................ :)

I 'm even more impressed JH ....A bit frustrated that I have to wait another couple of days to actually take a pic as the SD cards didn't materialise today ... but it's making me concentrate on reading up on the instructions ...I may be knocking on your door asking questions mind you ... .. :detective:  Not so much " Who dunnit "  but .."How?"  :happy:

Judy You have a month's start on me with it ...so your doorbell will be ringing too ! :yes

The Panasonic manuals are really really awful - confusing to read, and poorly arranged and laid out.

I bought a manual for my Panny (Kindle version) by Alexander White. Much much much much better. I wonder if he also did one for the FZ1000?

Sorry Chris ...Missed this ....  Yes you're right ...not the best manual I've ever encountered ..... But I have seen worse ... If you find one for the FZ 1000  by your man ... just yell  please .

Cheers.

Sorry Chris ...Missed this ....  Yes you're right ...not the best manual I've ever encountered ..... But I have seen worse ... If you find one for the FZ 1000  by your man ... just yell  please .

Cheers.

I have looked - sorry, but he doesn't do one for the FZ1000 :( - he's an LX aficionado who did the LX5 and LX7 before the LX100. Sorry to raise your hopes.

Thanks for looking Chris ...I'm ploughing through the manual on the cd...

Appreciate  the offer JH .... I expect I'll learn by my mistakes .... but I 'll be quick to ask when I  get stuck ....which may well be fairly often ...JMP  will probably appreciate that she's not the only one I'll be  bothering asking now ... :)

Maybe your blackbird was just a bit shy Judy .. I 've got two really shy lesser spotted  woodpeckers and two jays  that  run a mile even if I even  step into the room from where I can spot them.

Archived